oliveskinsucks

perfect match mufe 120

(0) Hearts

Having a heck of a time finding the right color match for a foundation and mufe 120 is like the only perfect match I can find. Mac is way to orange and pink even in nc colors. Any other brands match up to this color? A list would be nice.

aviscardi

Re: perfect match mufe 120

Hi there. If it helps I made a thread yesterday on the face makeup section for "foundation matches" so we can all list what we wear across brands 

i also wear 120 and though mine are not exact shades swatched, they match perfectly on.  Hope that helps. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Your welcome!

oliveskinsucks

(0) Hearts

I also found in my trial/error stash Koh Gen Do Manfashi in 023 (too dark/pink) which had horrible transfer too. A Bobbi Brown (Nordsrom  rep didn't list formulation/line) in 3.25 which was too dark and way too pink. The Bobbi Brown was a decent formulation from what I remembered but never tried it again cause it was pink. Also a Lancome sample from a Lancome counter in Bisque 230w which was way too orange/pink and again a good formulation from what I tried once.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

Have you ever tried the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Mattifying foundation? Pearl or Ivory in that foundation would be a super close match to the HD in 120.

oliveskinsucks

Will stop by my local store today when it opens and try thanks! I've considered trying Hourglass but there are no live swatches online.

oliveskinsucks

(0) Hearts

Liquid preferred or something that won't transfer. Really wish that Kat Von D would have worked for me, mostly too orange/pink. I've tried Tarte Amazonian Clay in light and it was pretty decent at the start of winter but way too drying. Laura Mercier Silk Cream in Beige Ivory (way too pink and horrible stay power) and Smashbox 15hr foundation in 1.1 around the same time and it was ok but still a tad too pink (went all through winter using this one until I couldn't anymore). Pur minerals 4-in-1 liquid foundation in light tan is my 2nd closest match but you can't blend it or build coverage without it  looking obvious. My skin is generally oily, large pores, & very acne prone but since last summer it has been dry, acne prone, and the pores are still large despite the drying up. I'm willing to try anything as long as it is Very close to the 120 color since everyone's skin reacts differently.

oliveskinsucks

(0) Hearts

Liquid preferred or something that won't transfer. Really wish that Kat Von D would have worked for me, mostly too orange/pink. 

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi oliveskinsucks & sammy1430,

What kind of foundation were you looking for?  An alternative liquid foundation or a powder?  The most comparable foundation I've found to the MUFE line is the Kat Von D Lock It Foundation.  The shade that would work the best for you would most likely be the Light 44 or 48.  It warms up & oxidizes a bit, so I would suggest going a shade slightly lighter than your complexion, if not perfect.  I'm an NC30 & use the Light 52 :smileyhappy:  It is honestly one of my top 5 foundations!

Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

http://www.sephora.com/lock-it-tattoo-foundation-P311138?skuId=1398825

xo, Mia

sammy1430

[ Edited ]

Omg I have been asking the same question forever!  I too use MUFE 120,

i also am NC 25 in Mac

i wanted to try Smashbox cc cream for its benefits and was matched to light which by no means looks like mufe 120 but its ok.

i also used smashbox halo in light and its ok too i literately walked around Sephora yesterday with a dot of mufe120 and tried others like Nars sheer glow in fiji was old was a match, but I don't think so also Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown are said  to have similar shades again I haven't found one.

so hope you get some replies because I'm curious too!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • sammy1430
    • beautylovingirl
    • miabt
    • oliveskinsucks