WiNEMiXER

perfect foundation/primer/daily make up for extremely oily skin but dry skin!!!

(0) Hearts

hello! soo basically Im lost atm. Ive tried a million products and nothing workings.. I cant seem to find anything that will last all day as well as not make my skin more dry or oily then it already is. Only think that had came remotely close was using Urban Decay's Complexion Primer Potion BRIGHTENING & TIGHTENING and their Naked Skin foundation. and Clarin's primer. Then finish it off with Maybelline New York Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder and once in a while I'd use urban decay all nighter setting spray. Im kind of an urban decay junkie as you probably could tell by now :smileyhappy: Then again maybe what i use to wash my face with might have a lot to do with it.. I use burtbees bark & peach scrub, neutregena natural cleanser and once a week oil of olay microderm peel. Im up for any suggestions just tired of buying products and them not working. Really would appreciate the feed back!

miabt

Re: perfect foundation/primer/daily make up for extremely oily skin but dry skin!!!

(0) Hearts

Hi WiNERMiXER,

I agree that you might be using too many products :smileysad:  I would suggest cutting back on all the scrubbing... while I understand your reasoning, it might be a little too harsh & over drying your skin, and forcing your skin to work overtime to replace the lost natural oils.  Stick with the cleanser daily, morning & night & follow with a light moisturizer.  I like the Murad Oil Control Mattifier> http://bit.ly/LsgIlC

Murad - Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15

You can also set your makeup with a light setting powder, mainly in your t-zone.  As far as exfoliating, try cutting down to once a week, as your skin needs time to heal in between treatments.  Sometimes less is more with skincare, at least until you can get in a good groove with what you're using.  Hope that helps :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

beautylovingirl

Re: perfect foundation/primer/daily make up for extremely oily skin but dry skin!!!

(0) Hearts

It's sounds like you are dehydrated because your saying extremely oily but dry skin. Try using a more uniformed routine skin care,and lay off the scrub, when you have oily skin the more your scrub and rub the more oil your skin is going to produce. Go with cleansers that will balance your skin out like the one from Origins called checks and balances and they also have other products to control the oil on your face, or try Dr. Murad's oil control mattifier. For a primer try the Hourglass mineral veil or Too faced oil free primed and poreless primer or the rehab elixir and primer from Kat Von D. Also for the best staying power ever, try the Kat Von D foundation and either set with her setting spray or just a very small touch of the HD powder from MUFE (my fave) :smileyhappy:  Hope this helps!

sammiebaby

(0) Hearts

hi i think you may be using too many things for your skin.  a scrub and a peel is too harsh and is probably overdrying your skin therefore your skin overproduces oil to compensate for dry skin.  the neutogena and olay peel should be fine.  also make sure to moisturize after cleansing.  i love using josie maran argan oil at night to rebalance my skin.  

as far as makeup goes what i do is a little bit of argan oil then prime with tarte brightening primer to keep moisture in.  then i use tarte amazonion clay foundation cuz it doesnt dry me out.  

but i would say work on the skincare first cuz makeup wont do everything.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I've been using Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment under Tarte's 12-Hour Foundation and am LOVING it!  I have oily spots that dry out very quickly if using the wrong products, but this has become my Holy Grail duo.  The foundation alone does last a true 12 hours, so I wear the BB only on days I want a really flawless look and that extra special touch.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • sammiebaby
    • beautylovingirl
    • miabt
    • WiNEMiXER