twerpy

over 60 skin care

Good Morning, As a 62 year old I would like to see Sephora focus on the older woman's skincare..it seems everyone is focused on youth...we were all young after all, but, our older skin needs special care what with all the changes we are going through or have gone through. The feedback for products is very helpful but maybe you could feature skincare for mature skin with special e-mails? I'm going to try the Origins moisturizer with Mimosa...I believe it's very important to go organic, and or natural,ingredients, as man made chemicals cannot be good for our bodies..  thank you,Amy 

MoreGun89

Re: over 60 skin care

(0) Hearts

Whoa, didn't realize this thread was necro'd sorry for the Shiseido/Origins double post XD

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

It's true, unfortunately mature skin is underrepresented.  If it helps, I know my mom (just a hint over 60) really enjoys the ORIGINS mangosteen moisturizer, she has raved quite a bit!  Otherwise, it depends on price.  I know Shiseido tries very hard to cater to all clientele, on the higher end I've foubd a new love in AmorePacific, they tend to have more immediate results than other brands in my opinion.  Hope you find something great :smileyvery-happy:

Peechuz

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi there - what is AmorePacific? Which products are you using or have experience with? I'm assuming these products would be great for over 50?

joeanne

(0) Hearts

I have been using Philosophy's Miracle Worker's line for about 3 years now, and I love it. It's quite unusual for me to stick with a skincare routine for that long, so I know it's working for me!  I'm 58, and have combination skin, minor wrinkles, and my skin is in fairly good shape.  I find the Miracle Worker line is perfect to treat the issues I have to deal with - dull skin, minor wrinkles, loss of firmness. I really love the whole line.

Peechuz

(0) Hearts

So glad this thread existed - I'm definitely pro Sephora and have been a customer for many years. I also can't understand why the retailer does not focus on their mature clientele ... I often ask for advice from many stores and always seem to get different recommendations, always from a 20 or 30 something salesperson. These age groups do not know nor have they experienced our concerns.

I am just using a Boscia moisturizer. I need to improve my oily, dull skin - including my neck and chest. When I look in the mirror, I do not see the color I once had. I eat strictly Paleo so know I'm getting the nutrition ..... it's the exterior that I need help with. I can see that a lot of you have almost the same recommendations. I'm also gearing up for my sons wedding on 5/10, so need all the help I can get! 😀

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@mafan&wingatprsct- The Algenist line is going to be one of the more "working" line in terms of aging skin. There are also some anti-aging products from Dr. Perricone that will help you see improvements. Then there are more of a medical grade line of skin care products you could look into that will work the best when your ready to move into those. Hope this helps!

Peechuz

(0) Hearts

Hello - you mentioned a medical grade line of skin care - what might that be?  Also, which products from Dr. Perricone might help see improvements for over 50?

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Aside from wanting to go more organic/natural with ingredients used, could you share some more details about your skin in particular?

Though you state your age, is your skin dry, combination, do you still have oily areas, enlarged pores, wrinkles/lines in particular areas you wish to address, loss of elasticity, or even hyperpigmentation/age spots you wish to address? This can help us tailor and recommend more suggestions to best suit your skin!

mafan

I'll be taking and making notes here.  I have really liked the Algenist items I've tried.  I don't expect to buy more before I hit 50, but I hope to try enough things to have some idea of what did/did not make a difference. I will also hope to hear more about anything that will help care for aging skin.

AlwaysGlamorous

(0) Hearts

Love love love Algenist! Fun fact: the majority of their products are Vegan and gluten-free!

consolvo

(0) Hearts

I'm a complete reviewaholic!

In case you haven't thought of doing this, I always at some point in the process sort by my age range to see if the overall rating is lower, higher or the same(ish). Then I can also read only the reviews of those in my age group.

Just thought I'd mention it...

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

I agree.  It would be nice to hear from ladies with special skincare needs.  I have had my years of acne but now my skin is aging.  I need to focus more on anti-aging products and it's hard for me to take the advice of a 20-something on eye creams or age spots. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

The Algenist line would be a great line for you to look in to. Hopet his helps!

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the feedback Twerpy!  Is there anything in particular you are looking for?  We definitely have some great choices for mature skin. 

Yuumei

(0) Hearts

Have you ever tried SK-II??? Hands down the best skincare products I have ever used... it's pricey though :smileyhappy:  I also really love the NUDE ProGenius Treatment Oil, I add a drop to any of my creams for overnight help and during the day I pat a tiny bit under my eyes for an instant smoothing effect... I have held little 'watch and learn' sessions at work and people are amazed by it... (VIBNUDE code still works last time I checked... good luck :smileyhappy:

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

My mom is over 60 and she adores the Origins line!  And I would recommend Shiseido they seem to have a line for every skin type have have excellent product :smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I haven't found Origins' products to be worth their salt, honestly.  I've heard raves about Michael Todd's line, but I can say from personal use that Murad has a fantastic product line.  I use Renee Rouleau's line because I value the right ingredients, and it helps that they are cruelty-free.  Love her stuff!  You should also check out Caroline Hiron's blog.  She is brilliant about ingredients.  She is a huge fan of Clarins and REN.

Wish I could say Origins is fantastic because I like their marketing style, but nope!

floridab

(0) Hearts

Hello:I will be 60 soon, so I have been dealing with "mature" skin for an while now.  I have been using and loving the Michael Todd true organics line for a while and it has really helped my skin.  I wish Sephora sold this line. I haven't been too impressed with the Origins products, they just didn't do much for my skin.  Peter Thomas Roth and Algenist products are good too, but I have really seen good results with all the products from Michael Todd.  That also sales goods sales on their website so you can save some $$. Hope this helps!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • jennypenny1995
    • consolvo
    • lylysa
    • twerpy
    • mafan