andyhtrieu

oily and dehydrated

I always knew that my skin is oily, but I think my skin is also dehydrated....because I rarely drink water.. heheh. :smileywink:

I did a search and a lot of people recommended drinking more water (duh), Clinique Moisture Surge, and Korres Greek Yogurt Moisturizing Face Cream. Is there anything else that you can recommend? :smileyhappy:

Sonny4President

Re: oily and dehydrated

Although they can get expensive, coconut water! Or real coconuts lol 

I'm addicted to coconut water *-*

sace021

(0) Hearts

Be careful with this, though.  The amount of electrolytes in coconut water far exceeds what you would get in a few bottles of Gatorade.  These amounts of electrolytes should be saved for when you are working out heavily or doing other things that cause electrolyte depletion.  Going overboard with electrolytes can actually harm our bodies.

Zpsid91

Not a fan of coconut water - it tastes absolutely disgusting to me...to each their own I guess :smileyhappy:

MoreGun89

ooooh yes, especially the fresh young coconuts!  Usually I skewer 'em with the knife honer and throw a straw in, delicious!

mychoi

(0) Hearts

I drank so much more water keeping this around me at all timesupload_4829340426803018154.jpg

Theyre like 69 cents each

Zpsid91

(0) Hearts

I also hate water! So I try to set small goals for myself - i.e. one 20 ounce bottle a day, once I can regularly accomplish that I will try to up it...I find more than 2 (sometimes 3, if I'm outside a lot) is pushing it for me. I really just don't drink a lot in general though :smileyhappy:

Also - setting a small goal, then achieving it (like drink 2 bottles of water a day for 10 days) not only gives you a sense of accomplishment, but you can reward yourself!! And if you start to notice your skin looking better that's a reward in itself :smileyhappy:

irenet

(0) Hearts

It really is all about drinking water. To get that glowing skin we all want, you have to start from the inside out and that's not just the nurse in me speaking. I bought a water jug that held the equivalent of 8 glasses of water and I would make myself drink that whole thing everyday. My skin was glowing so much my friends thought I was pregnant. It really does wonders. 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I'd recommend Dr. Jart's Ceramidin Liquid. 

Skin can always benefit from a boost in lipid and moisture retention with ceramides, and this will further support the hydrating and moisturizing ingredients in other products used and skin's natural moisture retention abilities.

If skin's own capabilities to hold onto and utilize moisture properly is down or lacking, no matter what hydrating ingredient you slather on can only have so much benefit if it can't be used to its full potential, so that's when ceramides come into place.

The Ceramidin Liquid is very thin, absorbs easily and it's a great booster to products already in a skin care line. It was one of my saving graces during Winter and allergy season when my skin was weather-chapped and flaking from blowing my nose so much.

MoreGun89

Same skin type here, I've had to force myself to drink more water!  I would honestly start with a flavored, sparkling water.  Kinda like soda, but a bit more hydrating.  Dejena's suggestion of Rooibos was really good as well :smileyhappy:  Otherwise, I tend to mix a bit of facial oil in with my moisturizer if I've been feeling dry, essentially, hydrating from both the inside and outside :smileyhappy:

dejena

Ooooh, I had forgotten about sparkling water. My favorite summer time beverage at home is club soda with a heavy splash of pomegranate juice. Makes the juice so refreshing! :smileyhappy: Of course, when I go out with friends, I usually get club soda with orange juice. Or pineapple juice. Mmmmmm...

Facial oil mixed in with the moisturizer is a good idea too!

MoreGun89

Oh, I'll have to try the pom juice in it, I usually stick to limes and cukes, maaaaybe a strawberry :smileytongue:

talinder

(0) Hearts

What are some signs your oily skin is dehyrdated?

laynebr

The difference between being oily and dehydrated is... water. So I wouldn't suggest an oil for you to use since your skin is lacking moisture and is doing a lot of oil production on it's own. It's important to nourish your skin. A hyaluronic acid serum is a great. It acts like a glue and makes any moisturizer you put on top of it adhere all the moisture deep down into your skin.

A great one is the Caudalie S.O.S thirst quenching serum. Lactic acid is also a great option for dehydrated skin since it triggers ceramide synthesis in the skin. Sometimes products targeted towards oily skin can be very harsh so make sure your cleanser and toner if you use one isn't drying. Look for products that are light but nourish the skin instead of something that's too heavy and moisturizing.

RandeeBT

[ Edited ]

Hi andyhtrieu!

I have an oilier skin type and occasionally my skin gets dehydrated. If you don't care for water, what about trying to increase your intake of water-rich fruits and vegetables? Most of the seasonal fresh fruits are rich in water and delicious. You could always try flavored sparkling water and add in some fresh lemon or strawberries as well. Yum!

I am a huge fan of Clinique's Moisture Surge. :smileyhappy: You may also want to try an overnight mask like Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Sleeping Facial. I like to use this as my night cream a few times a week and it really helps keep my skin feeling balanced and soft and it has the added benefit of helping to treat acne scarring. I also love the smell of roses so that helps too. :smileywink:

Best,
Randee
meagboho

I literally drink too much water.  Servers hate me because I down 4-5 glasses per meal. Do you ever use toners? I use a coconut oil toner, and also nourish at night with an argan oil.  

Drink loads of water!

Biedazzle

I used to love Clinique Moisture Surge but I think my skin eventually got used to it. Currently I'm using Philosophy's Take A Deep Breath moisturizer and my skin is loving it. I feel like I had a similar issue as you but can definitely tell a difference now. 

jemly

aside from the water intake, caudalie beauty elixir and facial oil (ahem) helped my dehydration tremendously. not to mention, when i started the exfoliation toner daily, it just helps take whatever products (oils, moisturizers, etc) i put on after, better. it helps with absorption all around.

VC425

Yogi Tea makes an amazing Cinnamon/Vanilla Healthy Skin Tea! It's very tasty and promotes hydration, I've been drinking this in the morning and afternoon when I need a boost. It's a good way for me to stay hydrated, in addition to drinking water throughout the day.

I have the Dr. Jart Water Fuse Sleeping Mask and a deluxe Sample of the Korres Greek Yogurt mask, both are really great for hydration!

jemly

(0) Hearts

um i have to try this tea !!!!!!!!

VC425

(0) Hearts

Do it! It's pretty great, and caffeine free. They also have a skin detox tea that is good too :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 37 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • lylysa
    • sace021
    • talinder
    • MoreGun89
    • aydasu