Gwen528

oil cleanser for acne/oily skin

I hear good things about oil cleansers, but I have combination/oily skin. Any suggestions? I was thinking of just using an oil cleanser at night to get the best benefit of the make-up removal, but then use something else in the morning. Anyone had experience with more/less break outs with the Laura Mercier purifying oil cleanser? thanks!

BrennaBombshell

Re: oil cleanser for acne/oily skin

(0) Hearts

I adore my oil cleanser. I get oily spots, especially on my nose, and I've noticed when I use my Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil, it does an amazing job at keeping me shine free. I only use it at night and use a regular foaming face wash in the morning. It removes all of my makeup, and I no longer wake up with little mascara smudges from where my old cleanser would miss spots (even though I thought it removed everything!) It doesn't leave that film over my eyes, and when I've accidentally gotten it in my eyes, it didn't sting at all, which was a big plus (I have a bad habit of opening my eyes with stuff on my face. Dear lord save me from ever doing that with ExfoliKate on again. I didn't think it was near my eyes, but it was, and the burning!!!!) I have a decent review on my blog about it, which I can't link to for fear of getting in trouble. *looks around* but on the Beauty Blog thread that was recently posted, there's a link to it, and it's my latest post. (Hopefully that's not crossing any lines) And it's the first product I've ever reviewed that got 10/10, as I'm pretty rigid on my rules of things! Either way, I highly recommend it, but would probably only use it at night. I haven't tried the Laura Mercier, but I'm very, very interested. I have a request out for samples of some of their line right now, fingers crossed for their oil cleanser! I'm a convert!

btmod2

Hi latinadiva,

This cleansing oil would certainly work for dry skin as well! I think you would prefer a cleansing oil to traditional cleanser because it is doesn't have any stripping ingredients that would remove your skin's precious natural oils. I would just follow up with a good moisturizer. :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

Thank you!!

btmod2

(0) Hearts

Hi Gwen528,

I have combination skin and my favorite cleansing oil is the Josie Maran's Argan Cleansing Oil. This Cleansing Oil is very gentle and is formulated with soothing argan oil, almond, safflower seed, and grape seed oils. This oil removes all of my makeup but still leaves my skin feeling hydrated and not stripped of any of it's natural oils.

I hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

latinadiva

Randee, would this work for dry skin as well? I have a drugstore cleansing oil that specifically says for dry skin but I've been looking at this one as a high end one, I just wanted to make sure I don't make my dry skin worse since oil helps combat oil.

msbronzegoddess

(0) Hearts

I have oily/acne prone skin and I love Ole Henriksen's African red tea foaming cleanser. It's not an oil cleanser, but it does have oil in it and vitamin c to help brighten and even out skin tone.

Gwen528

(0) Hearts

thank you! I'm going to try 2-3 of them. Awesome clear skin, here I come!

Jandi

(0) Hearts

I love, love, love oil cleansers. They really help to even out my skin and reduce excess oil production. i haven't tried the one by LM, but I highly recommend the one by Nude. It is moisturizing, removes my makeup, and doesn't burn my eyes.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

oil cleansers are honestly the best!

its hard to believe that they help to reduce the oil, but it honestly does 

and I love that it foams a little bit when you mix tiny amounts of water in them 

They're the only makeup removers that get the job done thoroughly while not irritating my skin. 

I was into cleansing waters and creams for a while, but they do make my skin terribly red..

I've tried Shu Uemura's pink one (this one is awesome. you feel so fresh afterwards. it worked better for me than any of their other colors - purple, green and orange I've tried but gave it away because I didn't like it) 

Bobbi Brown has a really great one too. removes the toughest mascara very well and feels fresh afterwards 

DHC is great, a bit more natural than the other two, but gets the job done

I don't like bosia's.. its no where near as refreshing as the other ones.. and leaves mascara/eyeliner residues that others done leave.. 

MAC is great too. surprisingly they don't use any mineral oils - does the job really well

if you could get hands on Sulhwasoo ones, they're the best honestly.. more liquidy than the other; very thin oil, but does the job in a snap

you could also make one out of grapeseed, apricot seed, etc oils .. there are alot of DIYs out there 

and JM's is supposed to be really great and its my next one on the list to get after I finish all the ones I have right now (I honestly bought too many backups... )

tracygirl64

My skin cleared up and got better once I started using Josie Maran's Argan Oil line. I also have combination-oily skin, extremely acne prone, very sensitive, and I have eczema...so her line is a miracle for me. I use her Argan Cleansing Oil morning and night. Maybe try a couple of different oil cleansers, like Josie Maran, Boscia, Laura Mercier, and NUDE skincare, to see if it also works for you. :smileyhappy:

ellevee09

Thanks for recommending this- the small oil is 12.00. I'm gonna try it. right now I'm really looking into a good cleansing oil :smileyhappy: 

IAmLadyLiterary

(0) Hearts

Seriously the Josie Maran is the best!  It has made such a difference in my skin, and it lasts forever, I have been using a small bottler for almost 3 months now, it has saved my skin!

tracygirl64

(0) Hearts

You're welcome! Make sure to put it on your dry skin (no water) and massage it in, then add a little bit of water and it turns liquid-y and milky looking. It's excellent at removing eye makeup too!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • tracygirl64
    • latinadiva
    • msbronzegoddess
    • ellevee09
    • infinitise