aviscardi

occ tars

(0) Hearts

I just received the 5pk i ordered online and they all seem a little unsettled. Its kinda hard to shake them back up. is that normal?photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

bittersweet86

Re: occ tars

(0) Hearts

Yes this is very normal for liptars. Thankfully the new tubes are not as bad as the old ones though. Simple rub the tube between your hands very fast (mainly between your two pointer fingers) and squeeze gently as you do it this usually works for me. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@aviscardi- Your nails look super cute.

aviscardi

thank you!  :smileyhappy: that was last weeks mani

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Ok i wore both so far just once. i used a scrub under vs a polish and it seemed to helped. but even with a balm they felt a little drying. So i added jack black balm over it and it feels way better

lylysa

[ Edited ]

The Lip Tars can feel drying because of the actual formulation itself. Since they're more like a liquid lipstick, they don't really provide a layer that remains on the surface of lips where you can rub your lips together and push product around, it settles in and is long wearing.

If you add a balm underneath, be sure to let the balm sink in for at least 2-5 minutes. Apply the Lip Tars over lips with fresh balm won't allow it to sink in as well and might cause issues like bleeding, feathering, or even cut down on the wearability of the product.

P.S. Cute nails!

aviscardi

thanks..

yea i had the balm on for a while before i applied the tar. and i put the balm over top when i got to work after about 2hrs or so

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Nice, sounds like you got a good time frame going on, have you noticed the JB balm in particular breaking down the formula or does it sit well on top of the LT?

aviscardi

no, not at all. it held up well. i'd say it lasted about 5hrs before i wiped it off. i put the balm on after about 1.5hrs when it felt uncomfortable. 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Cool deal, I wonder what type/formulation of balms or glosses last better on the LTs, good info you provided!

aviscardi

I was thinking the same thing. 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Time to play the trial and error game :smileytongue:

aviscardi

haha yes. i think next time i may grab for one of my buxoms since it has that same cooling/hydrating feeling and see how that holds yup

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I put on Fresh sugar lip treatment over my lip tars. It still last just as long as on it's own in my opinion. Sometimes i put my Korres Mango butters over it since they are so sheer but very moisturizing.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Oh i can try the fresh, i haven't used it in a while. its been in my fridge so it doesn't melt. lol. how did you apply it?

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I tap on just alittle so my lip aren't dry, let it sink in, then i apply my lip tar. After it's been on for an hour, i just tap the Fresh lip treatment over. I find it really last and helps my lip tars not dry out.  If i feel like i need to reapply the Fresh throughout the day it's easy to do without a mirror. 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

thanks!! i was figuring since they are vegan that was the reason. i put them in my drawer last night so i will check them tonight when i get home.

And do you keep it past the expiration or shelf life on the back? i know i have some of my lipsticks for over a year now

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Aviscardi-

I have a few Lip Tars and this is 100% normal. Since they are 100 percent vegan and made without preservatives this may happen. I simply shake mine or like Ireagan says flip it up and down to mix it. It doesn't ruin the actual application of the product.

<3 Melissa
lreagan

(0) Hearts

I read that if your lip tar starts to separate, all you have to do is flip it over on the other side (the side it wasn't laying on) and it will mix back up in about an hour.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • aviscardi
    • melissabt
    • lylysa
    • bittersweet86
    • beautylovingirl