marionberry

new foundatino for sensitive,combination/oily , and acne prone skin

[ Edited ]

I currently use Bobbi Brown Long Lasting Foundation SPF 15 in Beige 3. This product has been discontinued, and it's replacement is way too thick for me.

What foundation recommendations do you have for someone with the following conditions:

* sensitive

* combination-oil

* acne prone skin

I would like something oil free

and what shade should I buy if I normally use bobbi brown's beige 3?

(p.s. I tried to edit the title to spell foundation correctly, but it wouldn't let me :smileywink:

beautylovingirl

Re: new foundatino for sensitive,combination/oily , and acne prone skin

(0) Hearts

@marionberry- The Smashbox foundation in 2.1 would be your match. Also I noticed Bobbi Brown has a skin foundation also in Beige 3. It would be the exact same color you were wearing but I think the coverage might be lighter in that paticular one. Hope this helps!

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hi marrionberry,

Clinique is a fantastic brand for those with delicate skin. I would recommend trying their Acne Solutions foundation in Fresh Vanilla. It treats existing breakouts and prevents new ones from occurring. This foundation is an ideal pick for oily skin types. Unfortunately this formula does not have sunscreen in it, so be sure to pair this with a moisturizer that has SPF.

swfupload_942799320100271159.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
carrierose

I used this two years ago, not sure if they changed the formula but it made my non-sensitive skin dry out and flake, and when I called them (Clinique) and asked if that is normal and for advice they quoted "it's gentle enough for everyday use" which totally didn't answer my question.  Just some experience from me.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Was it the long wear Even Finish Foundation or the Natural Finish long lasting foundation? If it was the natural finish long lasting foundation, Smashbox's Stuido Skin 15 hr foundation would be a really good replacement. It's hard to tell the shade because they don't have the Bobbi Brown shades up any longer. What color complexion do you have?

marionberry

Hi Beautylovingirl -

It s the Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation.  The Even Finish is their replacement, it's much thicker and not as good imo.

Thanks for the Smashbox recommendation, I'll look into it.

I think my complexion is light-medium with slight yellow/olive tones. If it helps...before Bobbi Brown I used MAC in NC 25/30. (MAC made my face break out horribly bad though!)

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Depends on the coverage you want.  I have very similar skin, so I get where you're coming from.  Tarte's 12-Hour foundation is good for med-full coverage and is buildable, really does last up to 12 hrs.  Lancome's Teint Idole (sp?) is also a liquid, more watery than Tarte's, is medium/full in coverage, and does a bit better job soaking up shine.  I've been using Tarte, but I'm going back to Lancome's Dual Finish powder foundation for summer.  Plus, my skin is doing better as far as blemishes, so I can ease up on the coverage.  

Does that help any?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • carrierose
    • jennypenny1995
    • janinebt
    • beautylovingirl
    • marionberry