Manda

mositurizer

So, I am looking for a moisturizer for dry/combo, yet sensitive skin.  I have tried brands like FAB, Dior, BareMinerals as well as a lot of moisturizers suggested by the Dermatologist.  Most either irritate my skin, make my skin too oily, or make my skin too dry.  As for the cost, it really doesn't matter as long as it is less than $60 a container.  If it works, I am happy with the outcome and it is doesn't, well then I won't be happy.  Also, I would like to only use one moisturizer for day and nighttime use UNLESS it is on the budgest I am asking for.

If anyone is willing to help me out, I will be very much appreciated.  Thanks.

sweetxteeth

Re: mositurizer

(0) Hearts

i, too, have combo/oily and sensitive skin and i used to have to switch between two moisturizers as the weather changed. i started using sephora collection instant moisturizer when a sales associate put a sample of it into my shopping bag. (i never paid attention to the sephora skincare line before b/c i didn't like their makeup line.) i'm SO glad i tried that sample..i now use it year round--it smells nice, absorbs quickly, moisturizes really well, doesn't clog my pores, doesn't cause breakouts, and doesn't make me extra oily. i still have to blot shine from my t-zone after 5-6 hours, but that's just b/c my skin's pretty oily anyway. with other moisturizers i've used in the past, i'd be blotting shine every 2 hours. oh, another great thing is it's really affordable! i know you mentioned that as a big concern--the 1 oz. squeeze tube is only $12 and the 1.69 oz. jar is $20. i can't seem to link the product w/ the picture but here's the URL..you can copy and paste it to check it out..

http://www.sephora.com/instant-moisturizer-P276329

hope you find a moisturizer that works for you. i've been using boscia products (great stuff if you've got the extra money for it--don't get me wrong) but i get great results for much less cash w/ sephora instant moisturizer. they also have a new and different formula that's extra moisturizing in case this one is too light for you..good luck!

sweetxteeth

oh crap! i just realized that this question is in the "ask the experts" section of the discussion board and i'm NOT a sephora expert. i assume people are post here to ONLY get answers from the board moderators/EXPERTS--duh..so sorry! i didn't see a way to delete my previous post, otherwise, i would have..haha..didn't mean to step on anyone's toes..

haha..embarrassing..

dianabt

(0) Hearts

sweetxteeth wrote:

oh crap! i just realized that this question is in the "ask the experts" section of the discussion board and i'm NOT a sephora expert. i assume people are post here to ONLY get answers from the board moderators/EXPERTS--duh..so sorry! i didn't see a way to delete my previous post, otherwise, i would have..haha..didn't mean to step on anyone's toes..

haha..embarrassing..

No worries! You are more than welcome to post and give your advice on these boards as well along with the Sephora Pros and Experts! :smileyhappy: Thank you! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
dianabt

(0) Hearts

HI Manda, 

I suggest you try Boscia  Oil Free or even the Josie Maran Argan SPF which is great for all skin types.  Both of these are safe and gentle for sensitive skin types and can be used day and night (even with the spf!)

Boscia - Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15 Josie Maran - Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • sweetxteeth
    • Manda
    • dianabt