galileahh

mascara junkie

whats a good mascara that would makeup your eyelashes long and with lots of volume and make them be lifted?i tried so many but they don't seem to work. any drugstore or high end mascara you ladies can recommend ?

wendyomgwar

Re: mascara junkie

(0) Hearts

For the lift go with anything waterproof, that usually helps keep them curled longer. And I really like Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes:

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=GIVENCHY%20Phenomen'Eyes%20Effet%20Extensio...

carolang

(0) Hearts

Surprisingly I just traded in my Guerlain maxi lash (I do love that rose scent!) for Maybelline The Falsies! My lashes are naturally short, curly, and not too sparse and not too dense. Guerlain maxi lash definitely makes it look like I have more lashes... But each last looks thin and short. Maybelline the falsies makes my lashes look so long and thicker (but by bringing some of the lashes together - if that makes sense... They look like false lashes!). I'm Sooo glad I found this, I didn't like the idea of spending too much onmascara since you do switch it often.

carolang

(0) Hearts

Also it transfers to my eyelid considerably less than other mascaras (even waterproof do so I don't even bother since they are hard to remove)

lolo01

My favorite is Too Faced Better than sex mascara...I posted a picture not too long ago and you can see the difference :smileyhappy: BIG Time

DST57

I just got the Better Than Sex deluxe sample a week or so ago and started using it over the weekend. Even my husband (who NEVER notices when I change something up in my makeup routine) mentioned how good my lashes look. I may have found my HG mascara, which is a little sad bc I have about eight more deluxe samples from the lash kit that's currently available and other promo codes. But gosh I just love the BTS!

lolo01

IMG_20130705_2-1-1.jpg

Found it :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

1. Your eyes are so pretty!!!

And second lol WOAH :smileysurprised: might have to try that out...

lolo01

(0) Hearts

Thank you! :smileyhappy: (blushing) 

tashalicious

Wow thats a HUGE difference, i have skimpy lashes myself , i think i'm gonna the Too Faced Better Than sex mascara. Thank s for the pic!!

miabt

(0) Hearts

I definitely second jinxski's suggestion for the LashStash!  Its a great variety of mascaras that happen to be a few of my top favs :smileyhappy:  You can also mix & match or layer them, which is something I tend to do frequently.  I have favorite brushes from certain brands & formulas from others!

xo, Mia

sautoir

my most favorite mascara in the world for length and volume has to be guerlain maxi lash! $30USD is sooo expensive for a mascara, personally, but i feel it is worth it twice over.

now, i've never come across a single mascara that gives me the lift i want. my eyelashes are fairly long and thick but have NO curl whatsoever. they will not hold a curl for any longer than half a minute!! they are board-straight and even point down at a slight angle! terrible. but!!! the only thing that has ever helped has been dior lash plumping serum. if i apply it right just before my mascara, it curls and lifts my lashes so much! plus it keeps them so soft.

using both the guerlain mascara and dior primer in conjunction gives me the most voluminous, luxurious lashes i've ever seen. i've been asked a number of times if i was wearing falsies! it's amazing and i recommend the combination to anyone!

http://www.sephora.com/maxi-lash-P377276?skuId=1473503

http://www.sephora.com/diorshow-maximizer-lash-plumping-serum-P266528?skuId=1255462

michmo

(0) Hearts

I had a sample of the maxi lash and I have been impressed with it.  Plus my sample lasted me a long time.  

LCResz

(0) Hearts

I am a Lancôme Hypnose aficionada, and each one in the line does amazing things. However I just discovered bareMinerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara and I must say that at almost $10 less it is pound for pound as good at lengthening and volumizing as any of my fave Lancôme mascaras. 

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I personally love Benefits' They're Real Mascara.  It makes my lashed look great, with volume and length, doesn't wear off and holds a curl all day!  Sephora sells mini sizes for $10, so you could try it out without committing too much money, plus you can always return it if it doesn't work for you.

jinxski

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Maybe you could try the lash sampling kit that Sephora has, it's pretty cheap for all the mascara you get and you can find one that works for you! You can get a full-sized version of the one you like with a voucher in the kit, too! So you're paying for five samples + a full sized, not bad!
swfupload_1972048627866601679.jpg

As far as personal favorites go, I really like Maybelline's Falsies Mascara. It gives a lot of volume and lift, and the waterproof formula is one of the best I've tried.

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Galileahh,

I love Lancome HYPNÔSE - Custom Volume Mascara and Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara.  They both give lots of volume and length for beautiful full lashes!  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Lancome HYPNÔSE - Custom Volume Mascara.jpgEyeko Skinny Brush Mascara.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • wendyomgwar
    • jinxski
    • miabt
    • lolo01
    • DesertRose0706