Answer
trigirl262
Accepted Solution
mascara for athletes

I am a fair skinned, blonde-haired, blue-eyed triathlete in need of a good mascara.  It doesn't seem to matter which brand I try, I still get raccoon eyes without even touching my face! Years ago Cover Girl made a three-day mascara that was fantastic - but it's been discontinued. I've tried Blinc (sp?) and the "tubes" slid off my lashes when I sweat. I liked Lorac Publicity Stunt, but can't find it on Sephora.com anymore.

I need something that will hold up in the water and intense exercise. Surely I'm not the only one who has this problem! Any ideas?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
projose
Answered

Hola trigirl262,

First off, I love that you are sporting a great look while exercising your physical talents - talk about looking great and feeling great!  Publicity Stunt from Lorac and Four Day Stay from Tarte are both out of mix as far as I know and yet there are a few others that I would recommend you try.  They are a few of our top reviewed and purchased waterproof mascaras.  Keep in mind that we at Sephora have a committed return policy - which means even if you use a product, we would gladly take it back with or without a receipt since we are committed to getting you another product that will work.

Give these a whirl:

Dior DiorShow Black Out Waterproof Mascara, $24.50.

Lancome DÉFINICILS WATERPROOF - High Definition Mascara, $25

Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Waterproof Mascara, $29.50

I would love to hear back from you.  Let me know what works best.  Best,  J

trigirl262
(0) Hearts
Thanks Jose. Tried the Givenchy. Loved the brush and will give it high marks in a review. Unfortunately, I'm sending it back - I had slight raccoon eyes after wearing it on a run. Came off easily with makeup remover, but had even bigger black marks when I woke up the next morning! But it doesn't smudge! I think I can get a sample of Lancome. Will have to keep looking. There was another post on here from Erik - might try Nars, too.
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • proerik
    • projose
    • trigirl262