dorkypanda

makeup newbie eyeshadow palette question stila in the light or sephora primal instincts

[ Edited ]

I am new to eye makeup and contemplating on a palette: the stila in the light, sephora's primal instincts palette I have heard so many good things about both. I like and lean more towards the natural but still pretty look(I don't really have an affinity for wild,smoky daring looks). I have medium dark brown eyes, dark brown/black hair and have warm, medium tan(?) Asian skin. I don't think I would want to spend 52 bucks or more on a palette so...... >_< And I also am quite conscious about the ingredients used in makeup so the more natural it is, I lean more towards that. Which palette have you guys tried and do you love the texture, how the colors work together well? Which palette would I get the more use out of color wise? Which one would suit me better and compliment me more? 

thanks 

annekevdb

Re: makeup newbie eyeshadow palette question stila in the light or sephora primal instincts

(0) Hearts

Stila's palette is really nice. It also comes with a little booklet with 4 or so looks in it, and comes with their nice eyeliner (I think in brown). It is one of my "go to" sets. Highly recommend it.

knadala

Re: makeup newbie eyeshadow palette question stila in the light or sephora primal instincts

(0) Hearts

Stila in the Light is my suggestion. The colors are great year round and the blendability of the colors makes your eye look more natural and effortless. Asian features are complimented by satin shades, sometimes a neutral eye look can be turned up a notch by something as simple as the texture of the shadow. Mixing matte and satin shades also help contour the eye area without looking over the top.

veronika23

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I'd say maybe Urban Decay's Naked or Naked 2.  I don't own them because I already had lots of colors but I do own a few of UD eye shadows and other palettes.  I love the feel, pigment and staying power.  I think you would like it because their eye shadows is free from: Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Petrochemicals, Phthalates, GMOs, Triclosan.

It's probably some of the most popular palettes and it might be worth it for you to check it out. :smileyhappy:

http://www.sephora.com/naked-palette-P267200?icid2=Urban_Decay_NAKED_CAROUSEL_P267200_image

http://www.sephora.com/naked2-P302916?icid2=Urban_Decay_NAKED_CAROUSEL_P302916_image

dorkypanda

(0) Hearts

Hi veronika23,
it seems that the naked palette still contains parabens for a few colors and that is a turn off for me even if the colors may look nice. Naked 2 seems somewhat better..but I've heard different things about the naked 2 in terms of who can wear it better( the cool toned people). For a warm skin toned person, would that 2nd palette compliment well ? 

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Oh I'm sorry.  I didn't know that.  I thought they were all formulated without parabens. Well I'm not sure if it would or wouldn't compliment well but I see what you mean by the 2nd palette might look better on cool tones.  Do you have a Sephora close by?  If so I'd go in and look at the colors and swatch them and when you find something you like ask if you can try it on. Pictures are so deceiving. I know pretty much what looks good on me, I'll see a picture and I think it's going to look good and it doesn't.  I also agree with other posters.  That Stila palette looks good.

I also found this palette:

http://www.sephora.com/coral-crush-amazonian-clay-eye-cheek-palette-P381709?skuId=1557362

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hi dorkypanda,

I really like the Stila in the Light palette! It's small enough to take along with you and all of the neutrals can be applied in so many different ways :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
dorkypanda

(0) Hearts

Hi Janine,

Thank you for your suggestion. Since you like the Stila palette could you give me some examples of which colors go together for a natural look? Also do you think this palette would create more natural pretty looks than the sephora primal instincts( I dont really care too much about smoky looks) ?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • janinebt
    • veronika23
    • annekevdb
    • knadala
    • dorkypanda