SuperHans

looking for a mascara that makes lashes look fake

I can't wear fake lashes due to adhesive allergy, but I love the look. What mascara gives you the most ridiculous fake lash look? Subtle is not my thing!

sulfate

Re: looking for a mascara that makes lashes look fake

(0) Hearts

YSL Shocking is the most dramatic mascara I've tried.  

katief241981

(0) Hearts

Does anyone here have any experience with Guerlain Maxi Lash??? I've heard great things but never tried

pastelflower

I'm finishing up a deluxe sample right now and I love it so much I'm going to get the full size! The brush is the perfect size and the formula is light and holds a curl easily, while lengthening and volumizing. It's not as dramatic as the Lancome Hypnose Star I was using before this but it's so much easier to use. I never figured out how to apply Hypnose Star evenly and without clumps.

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

Oddly enough I used the Hypnose Star this morning for the first time (and not paired with my usual Maxi Lash either!). It came in the Glitz and Glam set....I have to say...I feel like I don't know how the brush works...lol is there a trick to it!?

katief241981

(0) Hearts

I somehow never snagged a sample :smileysad:  Sounds like I'm just going to have to buy it!

latinadiva

I own it. I will say I don't often wear just ONE mascara unless I am testing it out, but I usually layer two mascaras and it is almost always this one and another one. I think I love the brush with this most. It's not too big or too small, but I think often brushes this size have bristles that are too wide which doesn't allow you to grab hold of your lashes but that is not the case with this one. My favorite combos lately are the Maxi Lash with Lash Domination or Maxi Lash and Better Than Sex. Both combos give amazing volume.

katief241981

I love Better Than Sex! I keep getting samples every time I order something.  Which means I haven't had to buy any mascara in a while.  Thanks for the advice.  I'm just going to have to try it!!!

starletta8

Two steps:

1. Diorshow Lash Plumper

2. Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara.

BOOM in your face lashes!

katief241981

(0) Hearts

I agree with this! 

(The only part you left out is a great eyelash curler, unless your lashes already curl naturally)

jobro1027

I LOVE the fake-but-real lashes look, too! I've found that lining my tightline makes a huge difference, no matter what mascara I'm wearing (not sure if you've tried that or not).

I'm not a fan of Benefit's They're Real. It looks really nice if I add it on top of my favorite mascara, but that just happens when you layer any mascara on top of another. I find They're Real just doesn't quite do it for me.

But right now, I live by Lorac Pro. I've found that it lengthens and adds volume really well. I've noticed that after a few hours, it starts to lose the curl, but my eyelash curler also cost me $3 and is starting to get a little old, so that could be contributing to that, too. Good luck! I've added some pictures so you can see what Lorac Pro looks like:

IMG_1789.JPGIMG_1790.JPG

makeupbytiff

"they're real" by benefit is INSANE! It's by far my favorite mascara of all time.

latinadiva

I'm sad that I've tried 99.9% of these mascaras and sadly none of them have TRULY given me everything. I want to just find one HG mascara that just...works. I feel like I'm looking for the full package...length, volume and curl...but frankly if I could find a mascara that could just hold the curl, I'd probably be happy. I've tried tons of curlers, heated curlers, and tons of mascaras and my lashes never stay curled. The last time I was in Sephora I asked if there was one mascara that was the best at holding a curl what would it be and was told Dior Iconic Curl, which I have a sample of, and while it's okay, don't get me wrong, my curl still doesn't 100% hold. I'd love to know what you discover works best!

annonymous1

i posted a tip below which works pretty good :smileyhappy: also try YSL Babydoll lash, its the best one i've found

Nicrohr

I second Babydoll!  It somehow "opened up" my eyes, kinda like curl but not exactly.  It pushed my lashes up and away.  I was totally not expecting that but it was cool.

It gives me the closest to false lashes look I've found.

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

Interesting. I wonder if this is safe for contacts wearers? I had bought ages ago from Essence...they basically sell a little jar of loose lash fibers...but they would make a MESS on my face and in my eyes. Do you happen to wear contacts/know anyone who wears contacts and has tried this??

annonymous1

if you apply mascara, and then wait for it to become tacky-almost dry and then apply baby power to your lashes, and then more coats of mascara it would look fake, i've done this a couple times, and the top coat of mascara sticks to the baby-powder and makes your lashes really voluminized and big :smileyhappy:

viviene23

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Not to be a spoilsport but I think you guys have to be careful about putting baby powder (talcum) around the eyes. I was told that it can cause abrasion of the cornea.

annonymous1

The one i use is the burts bee's dusting powder, its talc free and its made with bee's-wax and other natural stuff :smileyhappy:

misscg

Thanks for posting this tip. I tried it when I read it and my lashes look crazy awesome :smileyhappy: 

ghkim

(0) Hearts

i don't have any baby powder around - i wonder, would loose powder work as well?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 55 replies
  • 57 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • fashionforlife18
    • melanito
    • spoiledbrat
    • misscg
    • lyravega
    • annonymous1