SuperHans

looking for a mascara that makes lashes look fake

I can't wear fake lashes due to adhesive allergy, but I love the look. What mascara gives you the most ridiculous fake lash look? Subtle is not my thing!

melanito

Re: looking for a mascara that makes lashes look fake

(0) Hearts

I'm in love with Benefit They're Real. I always get freebies of mascara but it's the one and only one mascara I'll pay more for. it lasts all day for me, while others kinda melt into my eyes by end of the day and then it comes off with warm water. it doesn't smudge a ton either during application. i think the brush and formula are the best for me. I think brushes that work for different people may depend on their lashes and eye shape because I've seen people rave about other mascaras and I've ended up with smudge city when I'm applying. I have a few of the lancome hypnose mascara as sephora offers but i just smudge smudge smudge when I apply that.

thanks for burt bees baby powder trick. would it be any more likely to scratch your eyes than eye shadow??

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hi melanito,

We actually have a post similar to this here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Hypoallergenic-Eyelash-glue/td-p/712091. Which discusses one of our favorite false lash looking products. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
annonymous1

(0) Hearts

Maybe! I've only tried baby powder, setting powder may work as a substitute as well?

@misscg no worries! i've been doing this for a while, it really works :smileyhappy:

katief241981

(0) Hearts

I, too, love the "not subtle at all" look for mascara. I LOVE mascara and I look for one that will give maximum results. I hate fooling with fake lashes.  Here's my advice, for what it's worth

#1:  Curl those lashes!!!

#2:  Eyelash primer! (to me, these are all very similar. I don't have a favorite)

THEN:

Recently I have gotten a few samples of TooFaced Better Than Sex... WOW! This will be my next mascara purchase. LOVE IT! The brush is huge and full and makes your eyelashes long and thick.  Wonderful. Until I buy it I keep getting samples with every other purchase!

Before that I was using Dior Iconic Overcurl, which I also love. And prior to that Diorshow Blackout.  Both are great

juicytulip

(0) Hearts

For me, I've tried so many of them and my favorites (that are a bit more reasonable with price) are the MUFE Smoky Extravegent and the new Tarte statement mascara (in gold packaging). MUFE curls nicely and lengthens a lot in one coat and is very buildable. The Tarte requires some technique practice as there's 2 sides to the wand, but also does a great job at lengthening, volumizing, and staying put. Although I like some of the suggestions below, many of them smudge like crazy on me and I hate that. Apparently I have gooey eyeballs.

RaineM

(0) Hearts

I use Tarte lash primer under mascara when I want my lashes to look flashier. I also got the birthday sample of Benefit mascara (I think it's "They're Real!"), and something about the applicator really made my eyelashes look bigger and more dramatic.

viviene23

[ Edited ]

I love the look of fake lashes but I just can't do it right. What worked for me is the combination of Fairy drops mascara (if you can get your hands on it) and Chanel inimitable intense. The next best thing is Guerlain Maxi lash mascara (sephora sells it yay!). I own this and I absolutely love it. I'm still shy posting my own pic (one of these days maybe I will :-P) but here's a a beauty bloggers pic (credits to her) for reference:

swfupload_6471568673298611559.jpg

swfupload_5014036643840236129.jpg

**pic above taken from thebestbydianeblogspot**

SydBristow

I loved the Guerlain sample I got and your links to this blog sold me on getting the full size! :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

Do you have fake lashes on as well or just the mascara?

viviene23

I guess I worded my reply in a confusing way...NOT MY PIC! I just googled maxi lash images then got to her blog. Anyways, in her blog she said it is just the mascara and I agree. I OWN guerlain maxi lash and it gives that result.

beautylovingirl

Oh sorry I guess I over looked that part because the lashes in this particular picture are so pretty.

viviene23

Yeah, the mascara gives noticeable lengths and volume...really impressive.

jrperk

don't be shy, you look beautiful! If I had a face like that you couldn't stop me from posting pics!!

viviene23

(0) Hearts

Thats not my pic...that is a bloggers pic I got online :smileyhappy:

jrperk

oops, guess I should have payed more attn!

ghkim

(0) Hearts

omg, she is so gorgeous! if i looked like that, i'd post my pic every day, lashes or no lashes.

jrperk

(0) Hearts

btw the lashes are amazing too lol

fashionforlife18

(0) Hearts

I use the Dior primer, its amazing!!!!, with either the Diorshow Extase or Make up forever smoky lash. That's my secret concoction for crazy lashes, anytime I do this someone ends up asking if I'm wearing fake lashes. 

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

I have long lashes but have been looking for mascara that really pumps up the volume. I have tried maybe 12 different kinds, the best effect I got was from my Guerlain sample:

http://www.sephora.com/maxi-lash-P377276?skuId=1473503

Good luck! Please keep us posted on what you find works best! :smileyhappy:

LCResz

(0) Hearts

I love all of the Lancome Hypnose mascaras, but for really too big to be real lashes I have a new fave: Bare Minerals Lash Domination, wowsers!

DrWould

This is exactly what I look for in mascaras. I don't do subtle lashes! My suggestion is Too Faced Better Than Sex:

swfupload_2380681554507793576.jpg

BUT!! Before using any mascara, make sure you're using a really good eyelash curler! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 55 replies
  • 54 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • fashionforlife18
    • melanito
    • spoiledbrat
    • misscg
    • lyravega
    • annonymous1