apassi

lipstick does not stay

Hi

Is there any product to put on lips for long stay of lipstick.My lipstick faded away in 2-3 hours.I tried many brands in matt finish.Please suggest.

apassi

Re: lipstick does not stay

(0) Hearts

Hey,

Can I used lip primer under base.Does it help?if so which one would you recommend.

As per lip liners hows urban decay (ozone ) ?

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Do you mean under your makeup?

apassi

(0) Hearts

I meant under Lip colour .Sorry for confusion.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yes you can use primer and it's best if you do, and the ozone in the urban decay would be a perfect pencil for you to get. It's clear and it can be used with any lip color. Hopet his helps!

apassi

(0) Hearts

Thanks !

Any recommendations for Lip Primer ?

beautylovingirl

Yeah the Bite Beauty line and define or the Too faced lip primer, or just try something like the Jack Black lip balm in mandarin and orange, it's very moisturizing.

apassi

Thanks !

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Your very welcome!

apassi

First of all sorry for multiple threads.I was not sure if my thread got posted at first.

Thanks for your suggestions.Will definitly look for lip pencils :smileyhappy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

No worries, it can be a bit tricky to get a hang of the new lay out and being sure your thread is posted :smileyhappy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Good morning, Apassi!

I noticed you posted this thread also in the Bright Ideas/Beauty Insider category:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/lipstick-does-not-stay/td-p/423599

As a little reminder, try not to post duplicate or like threads in multiple categories to prevent clutter on the front page of the forum. Posting multiple duplicate or similar threads also creates confusion for posters as they don't now where you would prefer an answer be posted, plus having one active thread means you get to keep track of responses easier.

Remember, posting in multiple categories won't get you your answer any better or faster, try instead to pick the most suitable category for your topic or question to belong to and the Beauty Talk community will be able to best respond!

In terms of your lip products fading quickly, it could be linked to numerous reasons.

First, be sure that lips are well prepped to accept product, this means making sure lips are smooth and hydrated. Try exfoliating with a simple sugar scrub like one from Fresh or even creating your own with olive oil or honey mixed with sugar to buff off dead and dry skin. After exfoliating, pat on a hydrating lip balm like one from Jack Black or Anthony Logistics. Let it actually sink into lips for about 5-7 minutes prior to applying your lip product.

Additional tricks to help prolong the wear of your lipstick is to use an anti-feathering lip liner, which are clear, waxy pencils that fill in any areas/lines around the lipline to prevent color from bleeding or fading out at the ends. Urban Decay and Too Faced make versions of this.

You can also take a natural toned lip liner (Smashbox and Urban Decay make great creamy formulas that won't tug at the lips) to line and fill in your entire lip area before applying your lipstick, this gives a nice primed base to your lips.

You also have the option of finding a lip liner that matches to your lipstick (especially helpful in terms of bolder colors like reds or magentas), but is a bit trickier as if the tone is off and application isn't precise you may end up with a tell-tale lighter/darker ring around your lips. Try to aim for using the same lipstick and pencil in a line when you pair up shades, this allows for less room for a mismatch.

Though you can try a matte finish, you may also find those drying, so try instead to find creamy formulas like ones from Lorac, Laura Mercier, MUFE, and Too Faced, which offer great color impact, various finishes, and a nice conditioning feel.

I hate to say it, but certain glosses will cut down on wear time as they dry down and can change the texture of product you wear, if you like layering gloss over your lipstick, keep it in the center of the lips and use a small amount as to still give shine but not drench you entire lip, which can also cause lipstick to migrate and bleed.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You should try using lip balm or primer then use a lip liner then apply your lipstick, that should make it stay on. Also Aggiegirl also had a great suggetion of the Urban Decay 24/7 lip pencil. Hope this helps!

aggiegirl2012

I love using the urban decay 24/7 lip pencil. I stocked up on ozone (clear) and it keeps my color in place through the better part of a 9 hr work day

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • aggiegirl2012
    • apassi