lillyjumper

lip balm for winter lips

Hello! I have dry lips around this time, and have a competition coming up in a place where the weather is super dry!!! My current lip balm is not strong enough to keep up with the strong dry weather, so please tell me your favorite lip balms

Also, if anyone has enabling/disabling about the Dior lip balms (tube and pot), that would be awesome! I was looking at them since they do have an SPF of 10! not that high, but some is better than none!!

Londonlover101

Re: lip balm for winter lips

(0) Hearts

I love EOS lip balms they are super moisturizing and affordable (3$) but remember over time there might be build up so make sure to give a light clean,good luck on your competition  <3

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

thank you! last week to prep, and hopefully everything goes as close to according to plan as it can with ponies! 

And I have tried the EOS, and while I do love them, they do not give my lips the moisture and relieve the chapped feeling in the winter :smileysad: Wish they did, because they sure don't put a big dent in the makeup budget :smileyvery-happy:

Cordelia76

(0) Hearts

I recently bought the YuBe lip balm to get my cart up to $50 (it's $5) and am shocked at how good it is!  It does NOT smell good - very medicinal - and it doesn't go on all gooey like so many balms, but by golly my lips stay moisturized!  I'm usually reapplying constantly, but not with this one.  Can highly recommend it.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

that sounds awesome!!!!!

tracygirl64

(0) Hearts

I use Josie Maran's Argan Balm (it comes in a big tin) on my lips. I also use it for other chapped areas on my body, but what I mainly use it for is every night at bedtime, on my lips! It's fantastic, made with all natural ingredients and super moisturizing! :smileyhappy:

linda711

There are a couple of threads out there about Bite Beauty's Agave Lip Mask, which I really love.  If you are looking for something heavier than a balm, this is a great option.  It's $26.00 and comes in a squeeze tube (like a mini toothpaste tube), and it's long lasting, moisturizing, smells great, and a little goes a long way.

bombshell30

The Bite Agave lip mask is the best lip product I have ever tried!!!!

lillyjumper

Points for awesome enabling :smileyhappy: I have been looking at it since it came out, and really do want to order!

bombshell30

You must Lillyjumper!! It will be the best lippy $ you ever spent!!!!!

Britlee303

I have been using Dior Creme de Rose for a couple of months now and I am in love! My only complaint is that I hate the scent (not a fan of anything rose), but I can't smell it for more than a few minutes after application and it is so moisturizing and long lasting that I am willing to look past it! Another product I absolutely love is Clinique All About Lips. It is basically like a serum for your lips...it has a really thin consistency so I feel like it gets moisture deeper down into my lips than any other products. I have extremely dry lips (living in Denver definitely does not help!) but this routine has become my holy grail: at night I use the Fresh lip scrub, then massage All About Lips in, wait for 2-3 minutes for it to sink in, and then apply a generous layer of Creme de Rose. I also use Creme de Rose throughout the day. My lips have never felt better!

mityren

I love Dior Creme de Rose. One of favorite brands is Rosebud Salve Co. The strawberry lip salve. Minted rose is great too. 

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

for some reason, I have been breaking out around my lips after using Rosebud slave all of a sudden.. and it has stopped making my lips soft.. don't think that it is working as well in Winter for me :smileysad:

kimchikween

I just rediscovered an item from an earlier Birchbox that has put to shame all my lip balms, treatments, etc... Did anyone try the ChapStick hydration lock  that came in October?  Wow!  It's a drugstore option that is definitely worth a try.  Check out some of the reviews bloggers have done for it - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.  :smileywink:

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the advice! Getting something that is a little less expensive but works awesome is always good!!!!

AmandaB89

(0) Hearts

If you're looking for another drugstore option, I really like Nivea Lip Butter. It doesn't have menthol, which many lip balms do, but I find aggravates my skin. The Vanilla Macademia one is my fave (the smell/flavor reminds me of Kinder Surprises, haha)

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

Has anyone tried the Dior lip balms? I have also heard amazing things about them both, and I want your opinions! I am considering getting either one of the Dior or the Jack Black right now! really want the Bite lip mask as well, so considering any of those four!

http://www.sephora.com/creme-de-rose-smoothing-plumping-lip-balm-P254222?skuId=1223338

http://www.sephora.com/dior-addict-lip-glow-P236816?skuId=1162650

kimchikween

I couldn't handle the uber rose scent of the lip balm..it was just too strong for my taste.  Anything that is advertised with a fragrance/scent, I recommend trying it out first if you can.  I didn't and regret it.  Too bad I chucked it - could have TSBed it to someone..oh well.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

Good idea to go to a store!!

Britlee303

Just be aware that the tester products in the store always tend to lose some of their scent because they sit open all day. I actually did go smell Creme de Rose in person before I bought it, and I was surprised when mine arrived that the scent was significantly stronger than the tester!

lillyjumper

I didn't know about that! Good tip! Thank you for that advice!!! 

also please post advice if you can on http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/Long-Lasting-Makeup/m-p/1025795#M17874 for makeup tips for me! I do need some help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • chupi
    • tracygirl64
    • bombshell30
    • mityren
    • AmandaB89
    • lillyjumper