obsessiveangel

limit of giftcard usage for a transaction?

hi, i have about 6 separate gift cards that i need to use! i was told that i can call customer service and place an order over the phone if i needed to combine the gift cards. my question is...is there a limit of how many gift cards i can combine in a transaction? i heard some ppl get blacklisted because they "use too many gift cards." can i use all 6 for one transaction, or what?

thanks! <3

Fabi28

Re: limit of giftcard usage for a transaction?

(0) Hearts

Did you know you can get cash back from a gift card if it falls below a certain amount? For example, if you live in CA you can get cash back if the amount is below $10. Most other states have a lower limit such as $5 or $3. I recommend calling the retailer before heading out to the store so they can confirm the amount for your state.

Missie772

(0) Hearts

Black listed for using too many gift cards? Why would that happen? Could you explain it a little bit more?

I often go on the websites where you can by gift cards online for a percentage off when I know I need/want to buy something. I do it a lot for Sephora and Nordstrom gift cards... do I need to stop?

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Okay here's my idea.  Go in to a store (not online), and buy one expensive thing.  Pay with all your tiny gift cards.

Then, when you return it, they will give you one big gift card.

Just make sure they give you the BLACK colored kind that can be used online.

The WHITE gift cards (that I have here) say they can't be used online.  I have two here from two returns.

That's my best idea :smileyvery-happy:.

LindaDD

(0) Hearts

Has anyone ever tried to pay for a gift card with gift cards?

obsessiveangel

(0) Hearts

thanks everyone!!! i would TOTALLY make numerous purchases but the gift card balances are $10 or less for each card....and i'm trying so hard not to go crazy (see my vib rouge status? lollll). i'm trying to take advantage of the f&f sale, but i only want like 3-4 items and i'd rather use my gift cards to buy all those items without spending extra money lol

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Place separate orders online and get extra promos and samples :smileyvery-happy:?  Unless they are all REALLY small and you will have to pay for shipping on each order?

I agree with the suggestions below about improving this, esp preloading cards to our account -- great idea!

lilyyy

I hope that with the next update, we can pre-load gift cards to our accounts. That way we don't have to worry about losing or forgetting about them.

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

The online limit is 2.

rainbowveins084

(0) Hearts

If there's a limit of gift cards per online order, can't you just submit multiple orders?  I doubt you can be blacklisted for using a type of currency that's already paid for!

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Hi Obsesiveangel, we can only accept 3 gift cards per order over the phone.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • obsessiveangel
    • lilyyy
    • Missie772
    • Kiki1517
    • Fabi28