popy

i want to try a high end foundation ,which brand would be best for starting up with. please help.

katief241981

Re: i want to try a high end foundation ,which brand would be best for starting up with. please help

(0) Hearts

What kind of skin do you have (dry? oily? combination?) and what kind of finish are you looking for???  

1cros3nail4givn

Re: i want to try a high end foundation ,which brand would be best for starting up with. please help

(0) Hearts

I 5th the Lingerie De Pue it's a miracle in a bottle.

This is how it sits on my skin no filter, no photoshop, (but to me it still looks airbrushed) Florescent lighting and I have redd acne dots all over my pearly white face so it has really nice coverage too20140125_192059.jpg....Please excuse the make up stains around my mirror I need to clean that. 

buffstuff

(0) Hearts

How do the shade numbers work for Armani Luminous Silk?

sdbeautyjunkie1

(0) Hearts

I have been trying everything lately.  I have tried Nars Sheer Glow and loved it.  I purchased Diorskin Forever along with their Nude BB Creme and it was just ok, I plan on taking it back.  I thought I would love the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk because I have heard so many good things about it but, to me it was just ok, I plan on taking it back.  I have tried the Laura Mercier Silk Creme, it is a little too oily for me.  I did like the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel but it was a little too sheer for me.  Hope this helps.  

Jen

btmod2

(0) Hearts

Hi Popy,

I would suggest trying Make Up For Ever's HD Foundation. I think this a great high end foundation to start out with because there is such a wide variety of colors to choose from, it blends seamlessly, it is long-lasting and provides a nice medium coverage to the skin.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Randee

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

For a more sheer but very nice foundation, try Giorgio Armani “Maestro” Fusion Foundation.

lilahtov

Guerlain ALL the way!! Worth every penny. I love my Parure de Lumière, but others swear by Lingerie de Peau for lighter coverage and Tenue de Perfection for full (Parure is medium).

BlushHoarder

(0) Hearts

Any Nars foundation would be perfection.

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

what kind of finish are you looking for? I tried everyting (bobbi brown, chanel, dior, shu uemura, guerlain..etc) and I found giorgio armani luminous silk foundation is the best!

iamsookyung

Try Guerlain's Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin Fusion Foundation! I love it because it gives a really natural finish.upload_5554791276237555068.jpg

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

I've never tried the Guerlain....Is it easy to get a color match?

1cros3nail4givn

(0) Hearts

No lol it's not.....I was originally going to buy 2 and mix them everyday cuz yeah it's THAT good but I got lucky and actually had a match pretty darn close to me it's only a tad redder.

Do you have a Color IQ # with Sephora? If not what foundations do you know currently match your skin color?  I will see if any of them would match you if not I'll give you an option of 2 colors to mix if you would want to do that just as an option.

CharliefromNY

Having tried many many foundations....my faves are Laura Mercier, Creme Foundation in the pot, and UK Naked Skin....Chanel is nice in the summer, but I find it not moisturizing enough for my dry skin in the winter.

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

Which Chanel do you use? I have dryer skin and I like the Chanel Perfection Lumiere.

VTK084

(0) Hearts

Yeah I have oily skin so that is probably why I like Chanel.  Never thought about that.

VTK084

(0) Hearts

Chanel! Go to the counter of somewhere that sells it.  Best in the world.  Powder (compacts) are best too.

valeria24

(0) Hearts

I agree with nymphs.  Makeup forever h d .  Ask someone to help find the correct shade.

infinitise

I agree with the HD foundation. Its a great place to start.

Its not too liquidy, not too thick, they have a wide range of colors for every skin tone and undertone, doesn't cake, is very buildable, and has a semi matte finish which is nice because it won't transfer. 

Its not like the best foundation in the world, but its a great place to start and is very easy to work with 

UD naked skin is a nice one too, especially for the price, but I personally think its too matte and flat looking.. you kind of have to have the right skin type. 

missfawnie

(0) Hearts

For just starting out, I would recommend you go to a local Sephora store (if possible) and just talk with an associate there. 

There are so many wonderful foundations out there that do various things and come in a variety of shades, so it can be a bit hard to figure out what is perfect for you and your skin. It may be a bit intimidating to ask someone for a foundation match (especially in a busy Sephora), but it is completely worth it. :smileyhappy: 

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

Mufe hd foundation

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • latinadiva
    • ivyxox
    • BlushHoarder
    • infinitise
    • mkupgk
    • VTK084
    • katief241981
    • ireneh
    • buffstuff
    • missfawnie
    • valeria24
    • lilahtov
    • 1cros3nail4givn
    • CharliefromNY
    • DiVWA
    • sdbeautyjunkie1
    • iamsookyung
    • popy
    • makeuplover365
Photos3
  • Marc-Jacobs-Beauty-Genius-Gel-Super-Charged-Foundation-in-26-Bisque-Medium-original.jpg
  • upload_5554791276237555068.jpg
  • 20140125_192059.jpg