jillybean96

i have the weirdest eye shape ever

[ Edited ]

beautylovingirl

Re: i have the weirdest eye shape ever

[ Edited ]

I actually think you have  beautiful shaped eyes and think that maybe not extending your eyeliner "cat eye" out that far would make a big difference. Your a beautiful girl and don't let anyone tell you anything different. Also try different colors of eye liner something besides black that can actually make your eyes look a more deep set.

tashalicious

you could try going on youtube and look for makeup tutorials for small eyes, they demonstrate tips for making eyes looks bigger and more open. you can also try bolder lips which will draw attention away from the eyes.

csb1966

You are gorgeous! Don' t beat yourself up because you use makeup to get closer to your ideal. Remember that NO celebrity goes out when they know they are being photographed without help from a MUA. Have you seen pictures of these people without makeup? Oh and don't forget the airbrushing...Try to celebrate who you are. I think you are doing a great job!

rdesigns

[ Edited ]

You are a very beautiful young lady. You also have the talent to make the most out of your looks.

I'm a bit older, and I used to be very critical of how I looked when I was young. All it did was undermine my self esteem, and make me not enjoy my young life as much as I should have.  Today, I look back at old photos ( I am 50 now), and I don't understand why I was so hard on myself, and I am annoyed at myself for feeling so bad all the time over every perceived flaw when I should have been enjoying myself instead.

Emrace your looks, and everything that makes you unique.  From what I see, you are extremely attractive, and I am sure many others see you that way as well :smileyhappy:

katief241981

It looks like, from your picture, that you already know how to accentuate and make the best of your beautiful features!  Which makes you a step ahead of most females.  Embrace it.  NO ONE has the exact eye shape they want.  That's why there are a million tutorials out there for all sorts of eye shapes/types and how to make the best of them.  

garnett

Ok, I am going to smack you right now.  "SMACK!!"  Do you know why I did that?  I did that because you are a beautiful young woman with gorgeous blue eye and lovely features. Take it from someone who has many more years of beating herself up than you do- Celebrate your beauty and be kind to yourself! 

I have EXACTLY  the same kind of eye and I do understand your frustration when it comes to trying certain makeup techniques.  OK, so you learn to do a modified version of what you want.  It looks to me like you know how to apply makeup so go to Youtube and look at videos that discuss doing makeup on deep set or hooded eyes. You could go to Sephora and work with one of the makeup artists.  You want the makeup to enhance you, you don't need to change to conform to a makeup style.  Get an eyelift?  Nooooo!  You are too young for that.  It's not like your lids are drooping down and making you look sleepy or half open.  Don't look at magazines and believe everything you see.  It's all smoke and mirrors.  No one has lashes like in the ads, no one has skin that has no bends or contours. most of the makeup you see in magazines is computer enhanced.  If we compare ourselves to illusions we will never be content.  You don't need corrective makeup.  You just need to make peace with who you are and what you look like.  YOU are beautiful. 

jojobe

You are too young to be so worried about superficial stuff like that. When you are 40 then maybe consider surgery but I have to agree with garnett here! 100% Celebrate who you are. I could tell you that I have tried for 20+ years to make my makeup as cute as you do yours and I have come to face it that my eyelids are puffy on one side and I can never get the liner in the right spot without looking like a panda. You have a lot of talent, so play it up and don't look at the imperfect but in all the ways you are special. 

LaiceeB18

:smileysurprised: That was amazing.

HawaiianEyes7

[ Edited ]

I think you're beautiful! I have uneven eyelids, a common problem for Asians. One of my eyelids is hooded, and the other isn't, so I half know your problem! My eyeshadow always looks uneven even though it isn't, and I don't know how to do my makeup so they look even. I've considered getting surgery or using eyelid tape to fix them, but I've decided I like them the way they are! They reflect my heritage and make me unique, so I can't complain! Just remember that just because you have "flaws", you don't have to change them in order to be happy with yourself. Everyone is beautiful, flaws and all!

jillybean96

thank you all for t he positive comments :smileyhappy:. i couldnt find a picture of myself with out makeup on, i will have to take one. yes its hard to tell in this pic because i am lifting my eyes open. this is why i extend my wing out so much, because if i did a normal wing, it would get hidden by my hood. 

mollybb

I have hooded eyes too, but I still do my eye makeup however I want! I know everyone says hooded eyes are frustrating because as soon as you open your eyes you can't see your makeup, but think about how often you only look directly at someone with your eyes open. We are constantly moving our eyes and heads around, not to mention blinking, so there are plenty of opportunities for our eye makeup to be seen! Even if you think winged eyeliner looks broken up or weird, chances are most people won't notice the difference.

nikki

I think your eyes and makeup look gorgeous. The tilt of the picture makes it hard to see any downturn in your picture, but I don't think you should worry :smileyhappy:

I have partially hooded eyes too, and I hate that you can't see all the detail I put into my eye makeup at times!

evno

It's a bit hard to tell at the angle that the picture was taken, but it looks like your eyebrows turn downward at the ends, too, which would emphasize the downturn of your eyes as well. Maybe you could get your eyebrows done to give your eyes a more lifted look. Otherwise, if you hadn't mentioned that your eyes were hooded and downturned, I wouldn't have noticed. In fact I had a hard time trying to figure out whether your eyes turned down in the picture, as well. Don't worry about it! Your eyes are a very pretty and striking blue, which I am jealous of. :smileyhappy:

SirenPrincess

I think your eyes are very pretty!  But I know what you mean. We all have that ONE thing that drives us crazy that we really wish we could change.

Teresaanne92

Personally, I think your eyes are gorgeous! I know its frustrating not being able to apply makeup how you want to, but I love the shape of your eyes (and the color!). They "guidelines" for makeup are just that- guidelines! Makeup is supposed to be fun, and you shouldn't be upset over it. I think you are gorgeous, and who cares if something isn't 'flattering' for an eye type. Do what YOU like. And what looks good to you! :smileyhappy:

LaiceeB18

I'm not going to be helpful because I'm going to say your makeup looks amazing.

jillybean96

(0) Hearts

a nice comment is always helpful though. :smileyhappy: thank you kindly

jillybean96

(0) Hearts

i will try to find a better picture, and one without makeup on, but im not trying to over exxagerate my eye shape in the text, its actually that bad xD

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 41 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • nikki
    • jojobe
    • beautylovingirl
    • garnett
    • mollybb
    • rdesigns