beautygirl45

how to teach 2 makeup newcomers how to do their own makeup

so i'm planning on teaching my 2 girlfriends how to do their own makeup on the 29th. How should i do it?

Also do you have any tips or advice?

dianabt

Re: how to teach 2 makeup newcomers how to do their own makeup

Hi beautygirl45, 

How fun! My tips are: go in stages from one point to the next. Complexion, Foundation, Cheeks, Eyes, Brows and then Lips. Organization helps best and I agree with the tips to bring along lots of remover and be patient! Makeup takes practice and can't be learned overnight but its so sweet you are taking the time to teach your friends!

Do you have your own products you will be teaching with? I would recommend you have them maybe bring a product they already own and would like to work with so you can help them increase their skills and comfort levels with it. :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
ivyxox

I agree. Youtube is a great place to start, I like pixiwoo, lisa eldridge and tanya burr. You can just show them how you usually do your makeup step by step. Start with a classic look such as smokey eyes and nude lips.

LadyInWhite

A - I'd make sure that they have a good color match for their foundation.  It's one of the trickier things to figure out, so if you can arrange it, go to a Sephora or department store where they'll help you get the right color.  No one wants to look like they're an Oompa Loompa from the neck up.

B - Bring plenty of makeup remover.  Chances are they'll want to/need to try doing things over and over again.

C - Emphasize blending.  Perfectly applied makeup still looks dreadful if it hasn't been smoothed out.

D - Be patient.  You and them.  It's going to be slow going at first, and some things like eyeliner takes a few dozen applications (or in my case, many more) before they look nice.  Show them some tutorials on line that you like, and let them learn it at their own pace.  :smileyhappy:

AmiraHall

I would teach them as they are applying themselves.. it helped when i was teaching my sis in law. (I always learn by doing things myself also)..that way you can help/guide them both at the same time. My advice would be to have patience. Not everyone knows makeup lingo so I would also keep it simple as you teach them some...Start with a simple look and maybe have a few beauty sessions to learn more complicated looks later. plus it would be fun to have little make parties. well for me at least lol. Also, my sis in law recorded it on her phone to so she could refer back to it..maybe that could be an option. Hope this helps.

sangova

I'd watch tons of youtubers who do tutorials for beginners, show these videos to your friends and then let them try it out referring to those videos. That's how I learnt it.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • sangova
    • ivyxox
    • LadyInWhite
    • AmiraHall
    • beautygirl45