Answer
frominater123
how to do a smokey eye
(0) Hearts

i want to know how to do a smokey eye. ive tried several times and i just can't get the hang of it.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
projill
Answered

There are many ways and I recommend checking out Sephora's You Tube Channel- you will find Pro's doing different Smokey eye looks.

An easy way to start:

Primer all over from lashline to brow bone

Apply a black cream liner along lashline a bit thicker than normal liner and smudge up onto lid sheering out the saturation when you get to the crease (so the color starts intense at lashline and diffuses into sheer at the crease)

Then apply a dark shadow (any color-whatever color Smokey eye you want) directly on top of the cream liner (mostly on the lid)

Take a blending brush and blend the crease

Apply a neutral shadow one shade lighter than your skin just under the brow to highlight

Finish with black liner on top, bottom and in water line.

Smudge a little bit of the shadow (same color as your  lid) under the bottom lashline on top of the black liner

Finish with 2 coats of mascara

You can also try out a Smokey eye kit- many have instructions that come along.  My favorites are Sephora and Too Faced:

You also need to make sure you have the right brushes- I love this kit for a perfect Smokey eye-Sephora Face & Eye Tool kit:

Don't forget to watch the videos- you can also check out the apps for iPad and Smart phones if you have one- there are tutorials on these apps too.

Enjoy!

Jill

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 2 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • projill
    • frominater123