sesdancer

help! foundation always darkens :(

(0) Hearts

hi! i have the weirdest problem with my foundation 

no matter what foundation or tinted moisturizer i use, even if its 4 shades lighter than my skin, by like an hour later, it is always too dark and creates harsh lines! I've used it lightly, i've tried applying bronzer to my neck etc, and tried it with and without pressed translucent powder, but i would love to find something that just blends nicely. The only 2 products that have ever worked (nars and dior) are too expensive because i'm a ballet dancer, and i have to use foundation when i perform, which is very often, so i use a lot more than an average person. 

Please help! I've spent so much $$ trying to find a good foundation, is it just my skin?

Thanks!

Sarah

progilbert

Re: help! foundation always darkens :(

sesdancer wrote:

hi! i have the weirdest problem with my foundation 

no matter what foundation or tinted moisturizer i use, even if its 4 shades lighter than my skin, by like an hour later, it is always too dark and creates harsh lines! I've used it lightly, i've tried applying bronzer to my neck etc, and tried it with and without pressed translucent powder, but i would love to find something that just blends nicely. The only 2 products that have ever worked (nars and dior) are too expensive because i'm a ballet dancer, and i have to use foundation when i perform, which is very often, so i use a lot more than an average person. 

Please help! I've spent so much $$ trying to find a good foundation, is it just my skin?

Thanks!

Sarah

Hey doll,

As you know having oilier skin often lends itself to having foundation oxidize and naturally gets darker as the day progresses.

You mentioned you've tried and liked Dior and Nars and would like to find something a bit more pocket friendly, right?

Here are some things that have worked for me in the past because I to suffer from oily skin, I would recommend using a silicone based primer like Smashbox Photo Finish Light

this helps because it keeps oil at bay and does not allow makeup and the natural oils that secrete to mix. So in theory it should help keep your makeup from oxidizing.

As far as foundations go, Smashbox also just launched a new foundation called "Studio Skin 15 hour wear"

With this combination I'm sure you'll be able to dance the night away.

Hope this works for you,

xoxo

Gilbert

sesdancer

Re: help! foundation always darkens :(

thanks so much!! heading to sephora after work! :smileyhappy:  x

proerik

Re: help! Foundation always darkens :(

Hello, 

I think you will be pleased with Gilberts advice. This is a very strong combo as he and I both have very oily skin and have tried pretty much every foundation that we carry to test its longevity and how it wears throughout the day. I hope you find a solution and make sure you let us know how it works out for you! :smileyhappy:

-Erik 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • proerik
    • progilbert
    • sesdancer