alkapassi

ghd classic 1' styler v/s T3 single pass styling iron?

(0) Hearts

Hi Ladies,

I bought GHD classic 1 inch today but as it doesnot have adjustable temp control so I am afraid that it wont damage my hairs or make them dry.Should I keep it or change it with T3 single pass styling iron or any other.Please suggest :smileysad:

BTW I have long ,slighty waivy hairs

alkapassi

Re: ghd classic 1' styler v/s T3 single pass styling iron?

Thanks Janinebt,

Should I use this before using Flat iron .How is it different from http://www.sephora.com/bamboo-smooth-anti-breakage-thermal-protectant-spray-P300903

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Sure you are welcome to use that thermal protectant as well :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hi alkapassi,

I would say give it a try first to see if you like it or not. My old flat iron was only one temperature and I actually ended up loving it! Always make sure to use a heat protectant spray like Alterna's Caviar Anti-Aging Rapid Repair Spray.

As with any flat iron, do not glide it through your hair more than three times per section.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
alkapassi

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.I will consider this :smileyhappy:

DeltaGammaGirl

(0) Hearts

DO NOT RETURN IT!!! It is the most amazing straightener ever. I have hair that damages very easily and have never had a problem with it. I have used a GHD for about 7 years now and I will never switch! It is an amazing tool and it doesn't need different temperatures because it heats to the perfect temp. I have very curly hair naturally and nothing straightens my hair as well as the GHD

kenny

I actually own the GHD styler. Although as Lylysa mentioned you can't change the temperature on it. Personally I haven't found that to be much of an issue. It styles my hair quickly, 5-10 min for straightening, 10 min for waves, 15-25 for curls (I've had medium-long hair, wavy, average thickness). It also heats up very quickly, only 30-60 sec). I have had this iron for almost 6 years, it's still going strong and I've never had any problems with it. Initially I wasn't sure about dropping so much money on it, but I don't regret it one bit.

lylysa

[ Edited ]

Though GHD makes some stellar styling tools, I'm always in favor of adjustable temperature controls just for more flexibility and versatility in a product. 

I looked up the temperature that the GHD Classic 1" Styler emits and it goes to 450 degrees. That's going to be at the extreme end of the heat spectrum, even if one has coarse or super thick hair, using that much heat can be damaging, even with thermal protectant products. 

I say opt for the exchange since there are great options like the T3 available that allows for adjustable temperature controls. You can also factor in how often you'll use the flat iron and be sure sure to get a thermal protectant best tailored for your hair type.

Though hair texture (straight, wavy, curly, etc.) weighs in, also be sure to check whether your hair is fine, normal, thick, or coarse.

Hair length really won't weigh in as strongly as hair texture and type as much. If your hair is fie or thin, be sure to use it at a lower setting of the mid 200/low 300 range, if your hair is normal or even slightly wavy, you can work in the 300/mid 300 zone. I would only recommend using the higher 300/low 400 for hair is is especially coarse, curly, or thick.

If you want to check out other great brands, look into Croc or even Babybliss, both offer terrific flat irons that also have temperature controls! Folica is a great site to also get more indepth reviews and info on many hair product lines, it's like the "Sephora" of hair styling tools! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • kenny
    • janinebt
    • lylysa
    • alkapassi
    • DeltaGammaGirl