galileahh

foundation problem

so i have really dry skin no oil what so ever i used to use the clinque powder because i don't like liquid foundation, after a while of using the product i started to see my pores show a lot when applying product and also a bit of "cakyness" and the color look really light on me i really need a new base am not sure if i need liquid foundation or powder am willing to try any product, i was afraid to use liquid foundation because i have a lot of peach fuzz and i my skin is dry and am afraid      it might leave me dry spots any help ???????

galileahh

Re: foundation problem

(0) Hearts

thank you very much! that would help me show less pore and make my skin look less cakey ?

DoctorsMrs

(0) Hearts

Are you referring to what I wrote down below about additional moisture?  If so- YES. The primer will really help with those pores too, but you need moisture balance first.

galileahh

(0) Hearts

thank you laura , i don't put primer on but am going to put some now do you know any drugstore primers that are good ?  

laurabt

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Galileahh, I agree with DoctorsMrs, you definitely should be moisturizing & using a primer before any type of foundation.  I recommend using a hydrating primer and foundation like these:

Sephora Collection Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer

SC Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer.jpg

Laura Mercier Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer

Laura Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer.jpg

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation.jpg

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation

Laura Silk Creme Foundation.jpg

:smileyhappy: -Laura

galileahh

(0) Hearts

i don't put any primer or moisturizer i put this cream from clinique that helps my redness because i have a lot of redness in my cheeks then i would apply my powder once the cream settle in my skin, my peach fuzz isn't that big is barely noticeable but yet i feel it, should i keep on applying powder?   

DoctorsMrs

(0) Hearts

Is it the Redness Solutions Cream? If you're still dry after using it then it isn't enough moisture for your skin type. If you like it and want to keep using it you probably need additional moisture. You could try Clinique's Dramatically Different Gel or Lotion, or their Moisture Surge. Any of those should be compatible. Apply one at a time and wait a few minutes in between, then wait a few more minutes and apply a small amount of primer. Laura gave you some ideas for primer above. 

DoctorsMrs

(0) Hearts

Powder foundation can look great even on dry skin but moisturizer and primer are musts. Are you using either?

Also- have you considered "trimming" the peach fuzz (if it's long)? That would give you an easier surface to work with.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • laurabt
    • DoctorsMrs
    • galileahh
Photos4
  • SC Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer.jpg
  • Laura Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer.jpg