MeaganFuller

foundation help please!!!!!

(0) Hearts

OK….it seems like i have tried everything under the sun when it comes to foundations!! i have combo/oily skin and i cannot find a foundation that i like…everything just falls off my face or makes me look super oily only a few hours into wearing it…i've tried revlon nearly naked, revlon color stay, mac studio fix plus powder foundation, clinique stay matte foundation, tons of bb creams and tinted moisturizers (high end and drugstore) and i can't find my "IT" foundation..i want something that looks natural yet stays on my oily skin and doesn't make my face look dirty by noon and feel like i need to wash my face and start all over…i have also used many primers and all they seem to do is make the problem worse! so please help!!!!

Candy357

Re: foundation help please!!!!!

Have you tried Urban Decay naked? The kit is for sale here. I bought it, and I love it. I have combo skin too, every other foundation would give me that greasy look and I would pat away loads of oil.

With this one, no oil, I look dry all day long and it stays on all day long.

I have been using the whole kit for a week now and completely happy and finally I can stop searching!

katief241981

I also have combo/oily skin.  My new HG foundation is Hourglass Immaculate. I love it because it dries to a powder finish and seriously cuts down on shine.  It lasts forever on me and looks natural.  Go into a Sephora and have them try it on you. Wear it for the day and see what you think

infinitise

I have a similar skin type as you, except mine is pretty dry and 
beat up" in the winter .. :smileysad: 

I personally don't like matte finishes, but I realli did like the MUFE mat velvet - I thought it was pretty flattering for a matte finish foundation compared to MANY others I've tried (I tried literally everything esp. in the high end because I thought they're supposed to be better...) 

Guerlain Parure gold was actually pretty good. the sales rep said they're for older people, but honestly they're more flattering on the skin than their Lingerie (I love them both though.. gold has more coverage) 

hourglass.... was bad... I get why there is such a hype, but it accentuated dry patches, and the "break down process" of this foundation was so ugly and patchy and dark.. 

YSL teint touche eclat was pretty good too. I didn't even powder and it lasted me the whole day (not 8~12 hours, but good 6 hours) 

Estee lauder double wear is super famous for its lasting power.. i don't think any foundation can live up to the double wear's longevity if you could stand how thick the foundation is. (at least compared to the ones I like) 

MUFE HD is also one of my other favorites. with a good primer, it looks flawless without looking heavy or cakey in any way, and lasts a good amount of time (except in the summer or humidity) 

orkira

I have combination oily skin (oily t-zone think a flowing river) and have had very successful luck with Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation and Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer.  I have no need to powder or blot my face at all throughout the whole day when I use this combo.
http://www.sephora.com/immaculate-liquid-powder-foundation-mattifying-oil-free-P301802?skuId=1341023...
http://www.sephora.com/veil-mineral-primer-spf-15-P210575?icid2=Hourglass_LP_BrandClassics_Carousel_...

sp2001

becca's ever matte primer is the only one that I've noticed makes my face stay matte a littlle longer than usual. Also, as much as I wanted to hate it, the UD chill setting spray really seemed to make a difference as well.

sammy1430

[ Edited ]

Omg, you sound like me....  I have oily skin, acne marks, hyper pigmentation, and large pores And have tried everything.  Too many to list.  Being 42, I have always turned away from powders, just because either being told or reading that powder isn't good for aging skin ( really, 42 is aging, whatever)

so my first powder was Smashbox Halo great benefits with that, but the coverage got blotchy (even with primer) and i wasn't getting a long enough wear. So I turned to Bare Minerals (which I first used 10 years ago but stopped because I felt like my pores looked larger, and their was a sheen I didn't care for.

so now that their is a matte one, I tried, and love.  I use their primer, and the foundation doubles as a concealer.  I am amazed at the natural look, yet it's covering my marks. I do put the tiniest bit of MUFE HD finishing powder over it. I got 6 hours of not touching up, ( then it was time to wash up so who knows how much longer it would have lasted)

I tried Tarte Amazonian Clay, which everyone says is good for oily skin, did nothing for me.

For primers, smashbox made me oily, but Porefessional is always a keeper.

also Benefits primed and pore less never let me down

As for the MUFE MAT VELVET I just wasn't in love with the colors even though they have a bunch, I'm really yellow/golden.  So I did try it one day but wasn't in love with it.

JenJenz

I have heard good things about MUFE Mat Velvet Plus for oily skin. It's supposed to be long lasting and provide you with a matte finish. I haven't personally tried it because I am the opposite of oily. Hopefully it will work for you, if not though, Sephora has a great return policy. Good luck! 

http://www.sephora.com/mat-velvet-matifying-foundation-P177117?skuId=988634

sp2001

So far this is the only foundation that I love, and I've literally tried all of them (except Shiseido)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • sammy1430
    • MeaganFuller
    • Candy357
    • infinitise
    • orkira
    • JenJenz