seemstrips

foundation help for acne prone skin

hello im 21 years old and i get oily in my T-zone about mid day and i to break out in that area if pores get clogged or have buildup i used to wear mac's liquid foundation and i continuously broke out and so i switched to bare minerals but it tends to make me look chalky and it doesnt cover hardly so i am wanting to go back to a liquid but i do not want it to clog my pores or be bad for my skin i want something that i can wear for a few hours a day and not get any break outs my skin is pretty sensitive

YoungSocial

Re: foundation help for acne prone skin

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Me toooooo!  

My tzone looks like a tub of crisco just melted on me by 2 pm, therefore; prepping my skin is SO important!  

Let's try to eliminate breakout by doing some serious deep cleaning of your skin with a weekly/bi-weekly exfoliating treatment (my favourite: Kate Somerville ExfoliKate.  If you consider your skin is sensitive then try: ExfoliKate Gentle.  Be sure to scrub it and leave it on for extra 3 to 5 minutes so that enzyme eats away the dead skin cells).  

In the morning, after cleansing and before applying your favourite moisturizer, spritz some toner with a dose of essential oil (antiseptic & antibacterial) in it such as: Caudalie Beauty Elixir, to help close pores and kill bacteria (ewww). Also, I keep a mini CBE in my purse and spray whenever I need to refresh my skin.    

Once you have a pretty, clean skin then you will only be needing a minimal coverage so, why not try BB balm/creme with a high SPF. They protect and help to heal your skin with antioxidant properties.  I enjoy Tarte or Shiseido Perfect Hydrating BB Cream.  

Keep it beautiful!

swfupload_5775391961134139219.jpgswfupload_180064958135484130.jpgswfupload_6327739274520351768.jpgswfupload_9159402868479729153.jpg

hollypocket

(0) Hearts

Hey Seemstrips!

I would definitely recommend Clinique's Acne Solutions foundation. I used to use a Covergirl foundation, and could not believe how drastically my break-outs decreased after switching.

I would also recommend maybe investing in a good foundation brush. If your hands aren't completely clean when you apply your foundation, it really doesn't help since you could be spreading dirt into your pores. End the day with a good cleanser/cleansing cloth and you should be good to go!

dianabt

Hi seemstrips,

I agree with Beautylovingirl- the right skincare can make a HUGE difference in your makeup and how your skin looks and feels :smileyhappy:. What cleanser and moisturizer are you using?

For now I'd try a good oil free and mattifying foundation like the Clinique Stay Matte which is oil free, mattes the skin and has a good medium coverage without irritating the skin at all. I have combination skin and an oily t zone too so I know how you feel!

Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

What are you using for skin care? Skin care is where you really need to start and then the foundation comes next.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • beautylovingirl
    • hollypocket
    • YoungSocial
    • seemstrips
Photos4
  • swfupload_5775391961134139219.jpg
  • swfupload_180064958135484130.jpg