Answer
abray
foundation for AA ladies and primers

what is a great foundation for african american skin?  i have used fashion fair for years and want to try something different.  AND is primer necessary for eye shadow application?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
dianabt
Answered

Hi abray!

African-American skin tones are so beautiful and varied it can definitely be difficult to find your perfect shade. I would suggest that you look at Bobbi Brown and Make Up For Ever for their great variety of caramel to ebony shades, and the amazing and flawless finish they will leave on your skin. If you have a store nearby you, I would suggest visiting it and trying color swatches and getting samples of the perfect shade for you to try. :smileyhappy:

Primer is a great addition to add to eyeshadow particularly if you are wearing lighter or darker shades, or have oily skin, moist lids, or even larger lids like I do. Primers keep your shadow colors vibrant and smooth and keep them from smudging and creasing throughout the day. I would suggest that you use a translucent primer such as the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion which has no added color in the "original" formulation.

UD eyeshadow primer.jpg

I hope this information can help you!  :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 2 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • abray
Photos1
  • UD eyeshadow primer.jpg