callmecharlie

eyeshadow shades for green eyes

I'm trying to find an eye shadow color that I can wear everyday. I have dark brown hair and fair skin with green eyes and the suggested purple makes me look sickly. Anyone else have any colors that they like to wear for everyday?
malissa13

Re: eyeshadow shades for green eyes

i have green eyes, dark brown, and fair too=) lol, i use bronzes most of the time. but get like brown shaddows with purple undertones.

(my everyday eye- urban decay, virgin, sidecar, smog, and toasted)

dianabt

Hi callmecharlie, 

Have you tried an eggplant colored liner, or something with a more bold purple tone to it for a simple liner with a neutral brown or taupe shadow? That's an easy way to make your eyes stand out other than the suggested purple or pink toned makeup. :smileyhappy:

I'd also recommend you try golds and bronzes for a pretty contrast to your eyes, shadow pencils and eyeshadow duos (I like Smashbox ones!) are great for that. 

Urban Decay, Nars and Make Up For Ever have great shadow pencils:

24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil Soft Touch Shadow Pencil Aqua Shadow

and for eyeshadow duos to really complement your eyes check out Smashbox and Nars:

NARS - Duo Eyeshadow  NARS - Duo Eyeshadow Smashbox - Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio  Smashbox - Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

You could also wear golds,such as champagne colors with light neutral browns.  The Lorac unzipped palette and the urban decay classic palettes have some good neutral colors.Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • malissa13
    • dianabt
    • callmecharlie
    • beautylovingirl