ellevee09

dr brandt pores no more VS benefit porefessional

So I've heard nothing but good things but still need help deciding. Which is your favorite??? 

dr brandt pores no more VS benefit porefessional

or any others??

janinebt

Re: dr brandt pores no more VS benefit porefessional

HI ellevee09,

I personally LOVE Benefit's POREfessional, but Dr. Brandt's Pore No More is an excellent option too :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

@ellevee09-  Your welcome! And yeah it must be a really good product because as soon as I opened the box in the office it was gone and the reviews really are good on here.:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

I don't know how old you are but we had some samples come to our dermatologist office of the Algenist Pore Corrector Anti-aging primer and even though I haven't used it a lot of the other girls in the office love it and their faces are so smooth looking and their pores are hardly noticeable. It also saves the step of applying something for your pores and a primer before your foundation. http://www.sephora.com/pore-corrector-anti-aging-primer-P378870  Here's the link if want to look at it. Hope this helps!

ellevee09

Wow the reviews on this product are really good! I'm gonna have to try it! Thank you so much! :smileywink:)

lylysa

It's important to know that topical products that are sold in the market will really just help to improve the appearance of visible pores and keep skin/pores clear from dirt, oil, and dead cells as opposed to actually changing or altering their size.

The Dr. Brand Pores No More Pore Refiner and the Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum (posted below by Krunce) will do a bit more to benefit your skin as they're actual geared toward skin care as opposed to Benefit's Porefessional, which is a cosmetic grade product.

The common factor between these three products is the reliance and use of silicones and dimethicones, which help form a barrier over skin to give a velvety, cushioned feel but also diffuses the visible appearance of pores, making them "disappear" or look minimized. The Dr. Brandt and Clinique products also include oil absorbing ingredients, to prevent pores from trapping excess oil, oxidizing and leading to blackheads, which will only emphasize pores. The DB one is focused more on oil control while the Clinique serum encompasses not only oil control but also helps to balance out the rate at which skin cells are shed, once again combating the clogging of pores so they're not as problematic.

Porefessional will give a more instantaneous gratification in terms of smoothing the look of your skin, but it's not a product that will help keep pores clear of oil/dead skin. It makes a wonderful primer though and even works as to absorb shine over make up without the need to cake on powder or use blotting sheets.

lolo01

Totally agree... the porefessional will help fill in pores to make your skin visibly smooth under makeup... not sure it has any long term effects on your skin.

while a serum or some type of skincare product to visibly reduce pores may have the long term effect so it just depends on why you are looking for a pore minimizer... ; )

lolo01

You already know my answer :smileywink: I keep going back to Benefit's The Porefessional... and with that flawless skin you got that will be all you need doll!!! :smileyhappy:

ellevee09

The porefessional is currently in my basket. Thanks for the compliment! :smileywink:)

krunce

Option #3!

swfupload_424550848609433940.jpg
I've been using this for a while now. My usage faltered for a while and I recently went back to it and I can't understand why I ever got lazy and stopped. It really really works. You have to use it every day - it isn't a permanent solution. But it really actually makes your pores tighten. I've been using it only on my cheeks after I apply all of my skin cream and before I apply make up and it's fantastic. All my anxieties about large cheek pores are gone :smileyhappy:

I think products like Benefit's don't actually make your pores smaller, they just coat them with special make up that makes the surface of your skin look smoother. I dislike that on principal, in part because I'm prone to break outs :s
And in most cases, a setting powder or finishing powder will do teh same for you, naturally, when patted on with a puff.

Which Dr Brandt Pores No More solution are you thinking of?

ellevee09

I'm currently using the pore refiner by dr Brandt. I like it but looking for another good product. I'm definitely going to look into the Clinique one. Thank you!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • janinebt
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • ellevee09
    • lolo01
    • krunce