Answer
flamingcheeks
crepey eyelids

Crepey eyelids -- it seems like all eyeshadow accentuates them -- matte or sparkly, powder or cream. But I want to be able to wear eyeshadow! Is there any hope? I'm 55 but still have oily skin, have few wrinkles but I don't like my crepey eyelids. Ordinary eye cream or other moisturizers or primers don't do much -- I've tried several. Is there a skin care product that would smooth things out?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
proerik
Answered

Hello,

I would first use a nice lightweight eye cream like Bobby Brown Eye Cream.  It works well under makeup and is super hydrating. Then I would use Too Faced Shadow Insurance to keep your eye-shadow on all day long. As far as matte eye-shadows Stila has a very nice assortment of shadows that do not contain a lot of shimmer. Too Faced also has a nice matte collection in a palette that is ready to go. I hope this helps,

-Erik

Sephora PRO

prochristine
Answered

Hello! A few options for you to address your concerns with your eye lids are try using the BREMMEN "Upper Eylid Lifter" which is a skincare product that will help create the overall appearance of bigger, brighter and fresher eyes. You can go into your local Sephora and have a skincare express service to customize your skincare routine.

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

Lancôme makes a great anti-aging product that works all around the eye area, including the eyelids.  It's called Lancôme Rénergie Lift Volumetry Eye.  It is a volumetric lifting and reshaping cream that firms your skin and fights wrinkles around your eyes.  The dual-action treatment works at the cellular level to lift and contour your skin:
- Lifting Action:  targets sagging eyelids, restoring a young, lifted look.
- Contouring Action:  visibly increases natural firmness, shape, and definition.
Simultaneously, the formula helps to minimize dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles while boosting youthful resiliency and bounce.  Skin cells need to communicate with each other constantly.  This communication is key to maintaining the support structure that keeps skin looking youthful.  This product features the unique GF-Volumetry™ complex, shown to help support cellular communication.  It is non-comedogenic so it won't clog pores or cause breakouts.  Plus it has been dermatologist- and ophthalmologist-tested for safety.  It is suitable for all skin types, even sensitive and you can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=FQIM50Z4RIZBCCV0KQNQ5UQ?id=P266309&categoryId...

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

melissabt
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Flamingcheeks,

I would suggest using an eye primer that helps temporarily "fill" in fine lines to smooth them out. You should look for primers that has silicone in them because that will help create a smooth texture. I would suggest the Sephora Collection "Tricks of the Trade" Immediate Wrinkle Filler  because it literally fills in the lines and helps create a smooth canvas for your eyeshadow. This primer can also be used anywhere on the face!
"Tricks of the Trade" Immediate Wrinkle Filler

I would also recommend the Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer because it contains Phytomoist, a plant-based hyaluronic acid and amino acids to help smooth out the eye lid. 

Photo Finish Lid Primer

I would also suggest that you try Rexaline Hydra-EyeZone Hyper-Hydrating Anti-Wrinkle Smoothing Eye Contour Cream because it has ingredients that will instantly smooth and firm the eye and has light reflecting properties to it that help reflect any darkness.  I hope these suggestion are helpful and I have also attached a feed with a similar question that has great answers on just click HERE.

Hydra-EyeZone Hyper-Hydrating Anti-Wrinkle Smoothing Eye Contour Cream

<3 Melissa
jujie
Answered
(0) Hearts

Do you have any advice for dry crepey eyelids. I have tried alot of moisturizers but they don't seem to be working. I am 57 years old andhave really nice skin but crepey eyelids!!

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • flamingcheeks
    • proerik
    • prochristine
    • melissabt
    • jujie