blooming

concealer

I need a concealer for dark circles from allergies and lack of sleep.  I use smashbox BBC cream in fair and sometime guerlain in monte clair. Any suggestions?  

lightuptheroom

Re: concealer

(0) Hearts

For dark circles, hyperpigmentation or other deep discoloration issues, it's best to use a color neutralizer before regular concealer. A color neutralizer will help to correct the discoloration so that it disappears rather than just being masked. Masking can look obvious and cakey, and the discoloration can still show through. Be sure to blend your color neutralizer into the skin very well with an airbrush concealer brush, and then dab your regular skin concealer lightly on top.Blend also, and you will look FLAWLESS. Peach correctors tend to work for everyone, but you should determine what color you are trying to neutralize - blue, black, purple or even red circles? Bobbi Brown has as great line-up, albeit expensive, but Ben Nye has THE BEST color range of neutralizers and concealers at great prices, as they are developed for actors and actresses. Hope this helps.

blooming

(0) Hearts

Thank you.  My skin is creasing naturally already!  LOL.  I appreciate the advice.  

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

i really like benefits erase paste set with laura mercier transulcent setting powder.  Erase paste has a nice thick consistency but blends out really well into the skin.  It also has a slihtly salmon color as well as illuminating qualities that cancel out dark circles very well.  The only thing about it is it has to be set with  podwer or it will crease very badly.

blooming

Thank you!  I've been using well rested for years!  And looking at Bobbie Brown.  I wasn't sure whether the concealer or corrector would be best.  Really appreciate the advice.  Any issue with build up in wrinkles?  

laurabt

Hi Blooming, I also have dark under-eye circles (hereditary).  The combo that I currently use that's been working very well is Bobbi Brown Corrector (I use the color Light Peach) and set it with Bare Minerals Well Rested (the powder not liquid).  If you are light to medium skintone, you should try it!  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Bobbi Corrector.jpg

BE Well Rested.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • DesertRose0706
    • blooming
    • lightuptheroom
    • laurabt