tina16

clarisonic mia 2

(0) Hearts

i m thinking to get clarisonic mia 2.. is it worth it. i have dry skin with oily t-zone. and loads of blackheads. clogged pores. if u guys give me some suggestion that will b great. thanks

gaileygal

Re: clarisonic mia 2

(0) Hearts

Personally, I prefer the Olay one over Clarisonic. The head of the Olay brush rotates, where i feel Clarisonic just vibrates. My skin is just like yours, and the Olay one works for mine much better, plus its half the price! :smileyhappy:

drrragon

(0) Hearts

My Mia arrived in the mail today!  I'm sooooo excited to start using it!!  I also ordered the delicate brush heads from Sephora and they literally arrived THE NEXT DAY! How do they do that?!

The Mia itself is so adorable (I had to get the pink one).  I just love that the charger is magnetic just like the Sonicare toothbrushes, and the build and construction of the whole thing just seems like a really high quality well-made item.  I was really impressed with the build quality (I'm kinda of into electronics, lol).  Very classy.

It's charging right now, will probably give it a spin tomorrow! :smileyhappy:

drrragon

hey lylysa, what do you think of this "purging" period that so many people experience?  is it that the clarisonic is irritating the skin initially until the skin adjusts?

lylysa

[ Edited ]

The purging process is a common one with the initial use and introduction of the Clarisonic to ones skinc are routine. That's not to say it happens to everyone or at least to the same degree. It's very dependant upon ones own skin.

The purging that occurs is due to the Clarisonic's ability to cleanse deeper and more efficiently than traditional methods alone. The pulsating action doesn't just break down dirt and debris at the surface layers of the skin, but it also acts as a gentle massage to bring trapped oils and bacteria to the surface that were dormant before and may have yet to come to the surface to cause things like blemishes.

This phase can vary in its time span, again, it's based more on the individual rather than a general time frame, but can be anywhere from 1-3 weeks if I had to throw a number at it. Once the skin has become accustomed to the deeper cleansing routine, it balances itself out to where there's not as many instances where trapped oil, bacteria, or debris is held onto longer to cause future issues, instead the body is able to be rid of quicker because a new form of cleansing is introduced.

If one is ever worried about the Clarisonic irritating the skin, go for the sensitive/delicate brush head which has bristles that are a bit softer. Again, the pulsing action the brush head and bristles take on is more gentle than other brushes on the market which spin and make full rotations. There's also no need to press down or apply any pressure when holding the body of the Clarisonic, let the pulsations do all the work for you while you just hold it in place and glide it along from your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin.

Here's a little photo to help see how the brushes move. I mentioned it in my post below, but here's a visual. Again, the bristles don't rotate, they instead pulsate back and forth, the outer ring of bristles moves in the opposite direction than the inner ones.

cbh.jpg

drrragon

that is awesome and I love your diagrams!  thanks so much for the information :smileyhappy:  i decided to go for it and will order the Mia!

lylysa

You're welcome! The diagrams I draw up give me something to use the Paint program for :smileytongue: haha!

dianabt

LOL yes I love those diagrams you use! Makes it easier to explain things online! :smileyhappy: 

@drrragon so glad you are going to try the Mia! :smileyhappy: I was one of the lucky ones who didn't experience any purging and my skin took right to the brush. I hope yours does too! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

The funny thing is the inventors of the Sonicare toothbrush are the creators of the Clarisonic (in regards to Drrragon's comment). :smileyhappy:

To me, the difference between a more basic manual, exfoliating brush and the Clarisonic right out the gate is that the Clarisonic is designed to provide a continunous and stablizied pulsating cleansing experience rather than have the motions rely soley on rotations and pressure provided by yourself which can at any time alter or change, resulting in an uneven cleansing and surface exfoliation.

If you think about it, a manual brush can be used gently or more rough depending on how much pressure is applied with one's hand, too much pressure and one can scratch and irritate ones skin while too little pressure and one may not get all the benefits of using a cleasing brush. With the Clarisonic, it takes the guess work out of pressure and evenly distributes a stable distribution throughout the moment's usage.

It's also imporant to know that the Clarisonic does not rely on rotations of the brush head nor does it rotate at all. The brush heads all come with various colored rings of bristles, some white and black and while some with white and colors. The face brushes all start with a white outer ring, a colored ring, then a center white ring. The brush heads operate when attached to the handle or body of the Clarisonic by pulsating back and fourth, the more inner portions of the brush head work in the opposite direction than the outer portion of bristles, providing a gentle sweeping on skin. This allows for a more delicate cleansing and partial exfoliating process than a constant or stagnant rotating motion which can be overbearing and rough on the skin.

The pulsations boost microcirculation to the skin's surface, giving skin a mild, facial like treatment to improve overall a healthier complexion with healthier color to one's skin tone while breaking down surface layers of dead skin, airborne pollutants, debris, dirt, oil, and bacteria. The many bristles of the brush head allow for more points of contact to the face to provide a more indepth level of cleansing compared to just using your fingers or your hands alone.

drrragon

that is an interesting thought about applying pressure evenly across a larger surface area.  thanks lylysa! :smileyhappy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

No probs! It pretty much takes out all the guess work or worry about applying even pressure throughout the face, and again, the pulsating action is what makes a big difference in providing that break down of oil, dirt, dead skin, etc. while still remaining gentle on skin and nonirritating! :smileyhappy:

dianabt

Hi tina16, 

I have to admit, I was a skeptic before I purchased my Clarisonic Mia and I stuck to the same $5 skin brush below! That was great to get rid of dead skin cells and flakes but I really needed something more tht could help minimize the clogged pores and smooth my skin.

My Clarisonic has been great in fixing my skin and really helping to prevent breakouts. I started a regular cleansing treatment using it about 3x a week as well as a good cream cleanser and a toner and my skin looks and feels better, flakes and dryness are gone, and my skincare products all absorb SO much easier into my skin. I suggest you at least give it a shot and try it out! :smileyhappy: The Mia 2 has a second speed but if you want a basic cleaning and don't need anything too intense or fancy, the standard Mia will be perfect:

Clarisonic - Mia™ Skin Cleansing System

http://bit.ly/X7EW5u

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
drrragon

LOL!  it IS a nice soft brush though :smileyhappy:

dianabt

(0) Hearts

LOL I agree! I still do use mine in the shower when I don't want too much abrasiveness on my skin, especially now with such dry cold weather, the Clarisonic is a bit more intense but that skin brush is perfect for it! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
drrragon

I admit I'm very curious myself.  Thinking of taking the plunge for the Mia.  My dad has a Sonicare electric toothbrush that he swears by and I just don't get why it's  better than a regular toothbrush.  I am wondering the same about the Clarisonic, I mean what exactly makes it such an improvement over this:

sephorafacebrush.jpg

That said, there have been so many fantastic reviews that I'm really thinking of getting one just to see for myself!

Gamergirl24

I was thinking about getting one. I would love to see the replies.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • drrragon
    • lylysa
    • gaileygal
    • tina16
    • Gamergirl24