Answer
josies
can face primer be used under the eye?
(0) Hearts

I've been on the search for the perfect under eye concealer and while I've been looking I realized I also need a good under eye moisturizer and primer to keep the concealer from sinking into fine lines/wrinkles.   I would love to hear what you all would suggest and what you love to use for this area! 

I currently have the renew and hydrate eye cream, which has been ok, but I haven't noticed any amazing results. There are so many eye creams out there it's hard to know where to start! 

I also have the bare minerals face primer which I have never actually tried under my foundation (I've never used primer), but I was wondering if I could use this for the under eye area before applying concealer?  if I can I figured I might as well use it up.  Is there another under eye primer you can recommend? 

and lastly, I also have the bare minerals eye primer which I also have not used.  (I had the best intentions, just haven't been able to work these primers into my routine!)  I know this primer is for the eye lid for eye shadows, but could this be used for the under eye area too? 

thanks!

josie

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
ChicDabbler
Answered

You should be able to use any face primer in your undereye area as long as you don't put it too close to your lash line.

The eye primers I've tried are mostly used to make shadows stay in place (UD potion and Too Faced). I do have a sample of Bobbi Brown eye cream, which have the dual purpose of priming the eye area. You can try that and see how it works for you.

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • babybear04
    • josies
    • beautylovingirl