shaniceee

boscia tsubaki oil versus josie maran argan oil

Hey guys! I am looking into buying the boscia tsubaki oil since the josie maran argan oil doesn't seem to do anything. Has anyone tried either or both and have any comparisons or comments? I'm not sure if the tsubaki oil is actually worth it.

thank you for any and all of your help! :smileyhappy:

dianabt

Re: boscia tsubaki oil versus josie maran argan oil

Hi Shaniceee, 

I actually tried both and (though it is personal preference) I found the Boscia oil to be much lighter feeling on the skin as well as easier to absorb while smelling amazing. For the record, I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and it didn't make my skin feel too heavy or greasy.

The Argan oil is a bit heavier and thicker on my face but still very nourishing and I love to smooth a bit into my cuticles too! I'm not as fond of the scent as the Boscia oil but the Argan is a slightly heavier texture and feel than the Boscia.

Argan Oil  Tsubaki Beauty Oil

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
janinebt

Hi shaniceee,

I'd recommend requesting a sample from your local Sephora to see if you like the formula before purchasing a full sized version.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Fabz

I think it depends on what kind of skin you have? I have desert dry skin and I have started using Coconut Oil. This seems to be helping me. 

shaniceee

I'm looking for something that is going to really moisturize. I just feel like the argan oil sits on my skin and doesn't actually sink in.

beautytester

[ Edited ]

What are you hoping to see in an oil? Argan oil is one of the heavier ones, so if you have oily skin and easily clogged pores, try Boscia, which is lighter. I have tried both and more, for a detailed comparison going from thinnest/most lightweight to the thickest/heavier weight, try this post. Many people have weighed in with their experiences, too.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/All-Other-Concerns/Facial-oil-comparison-break-down-moisturizer-kind...

lylysa

I was just going to post this link! Especially because Beautytester added a review of the Boscia oil in the comments of that thread she started.

beautytester

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yup, Boscia is added to the original post. Just got a sample of Marula oil with my online order (assuming they don't substitute it out) so that will be added to the original post later this week. <3

Fabz

Well what are you hoping to achieve with oils?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • shaniceee
    • dianabt
    • janinebt
    • lylysa
    • beautytester
    • Fabz