lovebird411

best product for highlighting ---very pale skin

Hello!

I would love some advice on finding the perfect product to highlight around my eyes, bow of my lip, etc. I did some research and ended up ordering the

Yves Saint Laurent TOUCHE ÉCLAT - Radiant Touch. When it arrived this morning I realized I am too pale for this to work on me :smileysad: so I returned it today. What are your  suggestions? Thanks!

janinebt

Re: best product for highlighting ---very pale skin

Hi lovebird411,

I'd recommend trying Illamasqua's Gleam Cream in Aurora, which is a really stunning cool frosty color that provides the face with a subtle glow. It's gorgeous!

swfupload_5374062059521649294.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Nicrohr

If you are up for a powder product I am loving MAC Emphazise (it's only $16 on the MAC Website, but keep in mind it doesn't come in a compact - just the pan.  Perfect for me as I use zPalette).  I think you can order it with a compact tho if you want one.

I love it because it's GLOWY without being SPARKLEY.  It has the SLIGHTEST shimmer (I am shimmer phobic for daytime and this slight amount is OK with me).

For me it's also the perfect mix of translucent and opaque - in other words, it's in the middle.  It's sheer enough not to overpower or look like you put baby powder on face, but opaque enough to add the glow. In fact, in areas where I puff this on, I don't apply foundation first unless there's a blemish.

I'm only fair, not totally PALE though - but I think this would still work for you... it's basically an ivory white base color... Can't imagine it being too dark!  No tan for me this summer at all as I missed my usual vacas and camping/kayaking - so I am paler than my usual.  I wear the second lightest color in Bare Minerals (fairly light), and in winter could probably use the lightest color.

Good luck!

AIixandra

I am LOVING emphasize as well. its a really great product. I am addicted to highlighters and luminizers. Albatross by NARS is also a great product, though it may be too gold for you so perhaps Copacabana or Luxor would be better.

High Beam by Benefit is still favourite of mine but sometimes it's just too much for everyday if that makes sense. 

Panda168

I've heard Hourglass' Ambient (lighting ?) powders are amazing and they have around 5-6 shades

syritt

(0) Hearts

These are great, but even in the lightest (white) shade, they are more a finishing powder than a highlighter for people with extremely pale skin, like me.

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I too have heard great things about Hourglass! - and also

NARS Albatross - I LOVE Nars products and if I fall out of love with my new MAC one, or just generally when I pick out my next highlighter, I am going to try Albatross first.

jeram

I am very fair skinned as well. I really like moon beam by benefit- it has a pink shimmer to it. Also, high brow and eye bright are a-freakin-mazing!

lovebird411

(0) Hearts

You all are super helpful! Since I returned the YSL product I'm on the search for something else to order. Now I've got to decide between all of these wonderful suggestions! :smileyhappy: Back to being excited again haha

mberteig

I like the Too Faced Candlelight glow powder duo and use this pretty much every day.  I am intrigued by the Hourglass Ambient Light powders and there are some light ones that I think could be used as highlighters.

I don't like liquid highlighters such as Touche Eclat or High Beam as I find them too difficult to apply evenly,

I do like Benefit's Watt's Up as well.

melanito

I know I bought the touche eclat and I was..who is this for..not me!

I like Becca Opal too (the code for a very decent size mini that will last you quite a while is Opal). You might also want to try Fresh Twilight Glow. Both of those are cream formulations.

I also have a Becca Pressed Shimmer Powder in Nymph that's really pretty and natural looking. It's now discontinued. I bought mine on ebay though for 18! I think they've recently released it under slightly diff name. well worth the money. Much more natural looking than Nars Albatross.

I find the high beam and girl meets pearl a bit too pinky for me.

anonemouse

Edward Bess makes a highlighter in 'Sunlight' (called All Over Seduction) that looks good on my pale skin. I also use deluxe samples of Benefit High Beam, Girl Meets Pearl and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (use code opal to receive a generously sized mini with online purchase).

annonymous1

Try Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Opal, its fantastic!

if you'd like a powder, Mac has one called the Mineralize skinfinish in the shade Lightscapade that makes my eyes really bright

Good luck!

lovebird411

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I will definitely look into those suggestions.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • melanito
    • annonymous1
    • janinebt
    • syritt
    • anonemouse