charlyc

best foundation for combination skin

Hi. I have combination skin. It breaks out occasionally as well. Because of some of the acne medications I use (from my dermatologist) it can tend to dry out in spots. I use MAC foundation with Smashbox photo primer under. By mid day, my foundation looks like it's in splotches and it's not really on anymore. Can you recommend something better? Thanks!!!!

charlyc

Re: best foundation for combination skin

Thank you sooo much! I will try the new suggestions!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I'm gonna also suggest for you to look at a different primer look Bare Minerals Prime Time Primer, MUFE Perfecting Primer of Lancôme's la base pro primer. Also for foundation suggestions:

Shiseido's The Makeup Dual Balancing Foundation

MUFE's Pro Finsh Powder Foundation.

Hope this helps!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

So your only problem is just the dry patches?? Are you  using a setting powder or spray?

charlyc

(0) Hearts

My foundation has never stayed on 100%....I just can never find anything else I love!!! It has reacted the same with any foundation.  Thanks for trying to help me!!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

That could possibly be the problem when you switched moisturizers of it was working before you changed.

charlyc

(0) Hearts

Yes, I use dermalogica face wash and then moisturizer (I am using Origins but I think I am going back to my Kiehls once it's done). 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Are you using moisturizer before your primer?

charlyc

(0) Hearts

Hi, thanks for the replies. I am using MAC Studio Fix Foundation and Smashbox Photo Foundation Primer. I prefer medium coverage.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Which MAC foundation are you using and which Smashbox primer?

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Hi Charlyc What type of coverage and finish do you prefer?

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Other than derm doctor's care, same skin here.  I've found liquid foundations to grab onto flakes more and then also settle into lines and separate by the end of the day.  Recently, I went back onto Lancome's Dual Finish Foundation because I can build coverage where I need it, yet it never cakes.  Love the stuff!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • charlyc
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl