Steph0111

best concealer for dark circles, that doesnt cake up

Have tried several and nothing seems to honestly work, did Nars, Benefit, Make up forever

Jessicaclara

Re: best concealer for dark circles, that doesnt cake up

(0) Hearts

I second the MAC pro longwear concealer recommendation, it's my holy grail for under eyes!

MarciaBrady

(0) Hearts

I, too, have tried just about every concealer on the planet with only marginal results.

I have had some luck fading them with caffeinated eye cream (I use 100% Pure's coffee bean one). It also has a great texture and helps concealer go on more smoothly.

Also, today I found a Japanese corrector duo (orange and yellow) on imomoko that I'm thinking about trying, as, technically, orange is the color that would cancel out the blue/purple tones. 

Make Up Forever also has a cc palette with orange/peach in it but, unfortunately, it's sold out at this time. Hopefully it makes its way back soon!

inmm

(0) Hearts

I've tried a LOT of concealers. My favorite is Prescriptives Flawless Skin Concealer. You can only buy it online via the Prescriptives website. They have a great return policy if it doesn't work for you. I use one of the small Elf Studio brushes for it. Not sure of the name of the brush. It's not the concealer brush but one of their small ones.

In terms of Sephora products, I use Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics concealer.

Depending on our eyes and circles, applying a corrector, such as the Bobbi Brown corrector, could work well.

Another technique, which takes a long time to do and to perfect, is to use several colors of concealers in essentially a reverse contouring way. For this, MAC's concealer palette is probably the best value because you get so many colors at once. I don't find the MAC concealers as smooth to work with as I'd like, but you get so many colors.

Finally, this may sound weird...Do you wear glasses, or would you mind wearing them? In the end, after trying so many concealer products, I realized that the best concealer is a pair of glasses where the bottom of the frame aligns perfectly with the dark circles. :smileyhappy:

A makeup artist on Youtube called gossmakeupartist has some good videos on concealing undereye bags, such as the reverse contouring technique I mentioned above.

nightknight

(0) Hearts

I love YSL's Anti-Cernes concealer when it comes to hiding dark circles. It has a super creamy formula that doesn't pool or become cakey. You can also pear it up with YSL's Touche Eclat to brighten the under eye area as well.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I am in love with Mac prolong wear concealer. Maybe try a sample first to see how you like it. It's my favorite

sravanthi

(0) Hearts

Hi Steph did u try corrector before applying concealer? 

I have serious dark dark circles, i start with eye cream, once it get absorbed applying Bobbi brown corrector, followed by Mac liquid concealer and then Bobbi brown cream concealer topped with little powder which comes along with concealer, i will follow this if i need full coverage, else i vl skip cream concealer.

Use liquid concealer, as cream concealer creases a lot, i have experienced it a lot.

RandeeBT

Hi Steph0111!

I recommend trying YSL's Touche Eclat Radiant Touch. It is a very moisturizing, undereye concealer that delivers medium coverage. It does not ever look heavy or cakey on the skin. I do recommend setting this product and any other concealer you use under your eyes with a finely milled translucent powder. My favorite powder to use for this is Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder. :smileyhappy:

Best,
Randee
Steph0111

I just purchased Dior Skinflash, looked better on me in the store, I was going to try YSL's Anti-cernes.What do you think?

I took your advice and ordered the LM powder, I

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi Steph0111,

The Dior Skinflash is a great product too! I have this as well and I have found that it is very comparable to the YSL Touche Eclat. :smileyhappy:

Best,
Randee
quixotic

I would second Randee's recommendation of using the LM Secret Brightening powder to set your concealer. I use this daily and find it really does help prevent creasing and caking.

SFbeautyaddict

(0) Hearts

I have terrible dark circles and love YSL Touche Eclat and theBalm's timeBalm concealer!

lylysa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi, Steph!

By chance have you experimented with using a neutralizer or corrector prior to concealer?

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Totally-new-to-makeup-Only-watched-youtube-videos-Co...

The above thread is one that I think may help you in terms of utilizing not just concealers but supplementary products as well. My response there details out the types and colors of correctors/neutralizers, how they are used in conjunction to the issue at hand/tone needed correcting, as well as deciphering between concealer formulations and how they may better serve toward the severity of what needs to be covered. There' also tips and tricks on coverage/application, along with using highlighters/illuminators as well.

If you're on the market for an eye cream to target dark circles to where you're tackling the issue on all fronts, not just cosmetic, check out:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/EYE-CREAM-Needed-URGENTLY/m-p/756837/highlight/true#...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • quixotic
    • lylysa
    • roxystar4
    • nightknight
    • inmm
    • SFbeautyaddict