cjbetty

benefit vs clinique products

(0) Hearts

Hi  I am looking for some advice.  I am 36 years old and I am starting to age.  When I use a brand I like to use the entire brand including facial care.  I am torn between Benefit and Clinique.  I love both lines but I am torn between the 2 as I am getting older I question whether I should continue to use a 'younger' line vs Clinique for aging.  Any advice is greatly appreciated!

miabt

Re: benefit vs clinique products

(0) Hearts

Most brands have anti-aging lines that are great.  The other thing is, you dont have to stick to one brand solely for your skincare!  I have a wide variety of products from different brands that I've tried & tried again, to make sure they work well for me.  I'd suggest picking up a few samples to try out from your local Sephora.  The Cast Members can also help find the right products for you to try out :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

quotidianus

(0) Hearts

chupi is right!  And more info about your skin would be helpful.

For me, I'm early forties with normal-to-dry skin, no breakouts, a rare blemish or two.  I've recently started using Algenist, and I love it.  I'm using the Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer, Complete Eye Renewal Balm and Advanced Anti-Aging Repairing Oil.  I also use PTR Oilless Oil and Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster, as I find the products to be complementary.  I stopped using Clinique in my late 20s.  None of their products really 'wow' me.

Honestly, I'd try some different things before you plunge head first into a commitment with one brand.

chupi

(0) Hearts

Great suggestions! Ole Henriksen is terrific for all sorts of skin types. Let me add on Ren and Origins. Plus, I think all three all cruelty free. Clinique and Benefit aren't (if you care about that sort of thing).

I don't do all of one line, because I find that mixing and matching works better for my skin. It also depends on the time of the month and season for me. I also like to switch up products. I feel like procuts don't work if I use the same thing for a long time (maybe this is specious reasoning because they say to switch up your shampoo). Maybe I like to switch it up because I get bored and my wallet gets itchy.

anb0906

Third chupi. Clinique has mysterious (not public/updated) ingredients, and Benefit has the worst customer service ever. There are much better products out there. Tell us more about your skin, and we can help from there.

tracygirl64

(0) Hearts

I second chupi, I vote for neither as well! There are much better skincare/makeup brands out there.

cjbetty

(0) Hearts

What brands would you suggest?

msperfect

(0) Hearts

Clinique is always great for anti-aging. It really gets the job done. Clinique has a group of skincare items for each skin concern. For anti-aging it's the De-Aging Solutions. There are creams and moisturizers from this group such as Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer, Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer, Youth Surge SPF 15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer, Youth Surge Night Age Decelerating Night Moisturizer, and Zero Gravity Repairwear Lift Firming Cream. The serum in this set is the Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector.

chupi

I would vote for neither. Can you tell us more about your skin?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • chupi
    • tracygirl64
    • cjbetty
    • miabt
    • anb0906
    • quotidianus