Yen89

anyone know how to identify an expired item

[ Edited ]

Recently I purchased a pallet make up, No makeup makeup from Toofaced. However, I noticed on the back , there is a 2012 year mentioned. I wonder is there any chance to know the manufacture date ? I am afraid that my pallet is gonna expire soon. The code is BM2. I rarely do the makeup, so it will stay with me quite long period.

Thanks,

Yen

Yen89

Re: anyone know how to identify an expired item

(0) Hearts

Thanks all !! :smileyhappy: Glad there is BeautyTalk forum to ask whereabout. 

aviscardi

thatgirlshaexo just made a vid on this. I personally don't find powdered products to expire as often as i would toss out a lip gloss or liquid fdn. there's a little icon with a jar on most products that indicate how long something should last til tossed once its open. Just make sure your brushes are washed frequently and keep an eye out for scent , change in formula etc.

Yen89

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I am just back to Beauty Talk. Thanks aviscardi! :smileyhappy:

RandeeBT

Hi Yen89,

I think the mention of 2012 on the Too Faced palette you have is just the manufacturing date. The palette should still be fine to use. Unless it is mascara or eyeliner, a good rule of thumb to abide by is to check the consistency and smell of the product. If the consistency and smell of the product is questionable or very different than when you first purchased the item, I would discontinue the use of the product. I hope this helps! 

Best,
Randee
Yen89

Thanks Randee, 

That is really helpful . =)

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]

You can try cosmetics calculator - just google it - it gives a manufacture date if possible based on the batch code

Yen89

(0) Hearts

Thanks TryBeautyItems , 

I normally try on check cosmetic.net. but some brands are not available. Recently, I found a Shiseido on Marshall, but have no idea its expiration. So, I return it and buy from Sephora to make sure it is newly manufactured. =) 

glossforevery1

I believe that is the year that palette originally came out, but should be a very recent production if you just bought it. Their should be a little icon some where that looks like a little tiny jar with a number in it ex. 6, 24 that will tell you how many months the manufactor is suggesting the product will be good for. Now it's not like milk, I have things that I have had for years.... I know that has some cream products in it so they might dry out at some point but everything else u should be fine for as long as you have it. Lip glosses and liquid foundations are the things you need to smell and keep by the date for the most part... Due to bacteria being able to grow in them, etc. I hope this helps!

Yen89

(0) Hearts

Thanks Glossforevery1 :smileyhappy: it is really helpful info. 

Yen89

(0) Hearts

Thanks  Glossforery1 :smileyhappy: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • TrysBeautyItems