misscg

Why is Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things $11 more than listed on Too Faced?

[ Edited ]

I just got an email from Too Faced telling me about the new holiday sets and it says this set is $45. But sephora is selling it for $56. Is it priced wrong?

http://www.sephora.com/a-few-of-my-favorite-things-P383430?skuId=1550375

image.jpg

kalex

Re: Why is Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things $11 more than listed on Too Faced?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I wish Ulta listed the weight of the shadows and blush/bronzers on their site.  The Sephora palette has 20 shadows but they and the blush/bronzers definitely look smaller than Ulta's.  Without the weights though it's impossible to know if the Ulta pans are just shallower.

If you sat down and did the math I'm sure Sephora's palette is still a good deal.  The full-size Color Bomb is $21 and the almost full-size bronzers are close to $30 each.

Not an excuse for pricing it as more though if that is the case, I'll admit.  And the supposed values are often way off I've noticed.

oklady2013

Re: Why is Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things $11 more than listed on Too Faced?

(0) Hearts

HMMM......Maybe I'll pass on all too Faced sets.  I love their  finishing powders but have never tried any thing else from their line so was thinking about a holiday palette to try more of their line. I need to think this through as there are so many other goodies to choose from this year.

candacebt

Ladies it looks like there was a snafu with the Too Faced email where they had it priced incorrectly. We talked to a rep from TooFaced who actually received the same email where the palette was priced correctly ($56). Sorry about that!

toofaced palettes.jpg

lilyyy

(0) Hearts

Lucky you, if you got the incorrect email they should honor the advertised price. (This also may have to do with advertising laws so it's not bait and switch.)

sunshine38

(0) Hearts

Bummmmmmeeerrrrrrrr :-(

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

I wonder what it should be in Canadian funds then, as i was looking at picking this up next month... hmmm.

It's currently $64 cdn.

Giannina24

I just bought this last Saturday, and I am pretty sure I was charged $56.  Would I be able to get a refund?  Mods, pretty please?

dianabt

(0) Hearts

@Giannina24 I will send you a message to help out! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
candacebt

Hey ladies, we're looking into it, thanks for the callout!

And just so you know, the Few of My Favorite Things kit is not available at Ulta (it's a Sephora Exclusive.) :smileyhappy: 

Will report back! 

misscg

I'm aware of that ulta doesn't carry the sephora exclusive. I was pointing out that the ulta exclusive set was priced the same on both ulta's site and in the ad, showing that the pricing in the ad is accurate.

garnett

(0) Hearts

I would call customer service.  Perhaps it's all just a big SNAFU. :smileyhappy:

MizzSaraiX

(0) Hearts

Thank you for this!  I was about to buy this too...
Not right Sephora.

lolo01

(0) Hearts

I saw these at the SIJP and they were 45 thats so weird!

misscg

(0) Hearts

And ulta has theirs priced at $45 like the email says if should. 

odoriferouscand

(0) Hearts

Yeah, and what I don't understand is how the ulta one is the same price as it is the "incorrect" email, but this one somehow is 56 dollars and a 4 hundred something value? ehhh.

lilyyy

[ Edited ]

That ad also says that its a $145 value but Sephora has it listed as $436 value. Big difference!

odoriferouscand

uhhh ... that really is not cool. If they are going to hike the prices up on everything I'm definitely not purchasing the more expensive one. The value number difference just makes me think they aren't being truthful.

glossyguru

woah woah woah. Not cool!

bratknits

(0) Hearts

Weird.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • kalex
    • misscg
    • dianabt
    • lilyyy