beautydollJuli

White (Black)heads?

(0) Hearts

So I have had this (what I thought was) a dry patch around my nose. It has been there for a long time, but I never paid too much attention to it. Since I am starting to take care of my skin more, I want to know what they are and how to possibly get rid of them. They look like white tiny bumps, sort of like blackheads? Maybe, sort of a little bigger. They are on the outside of my nostrils and make my make-up look cakey in this area! Help!

DTalksAll

Re: White (Black)heads?

If they are milia, then pore treatments wont work. The best way to get rid of milia is gentle chemical exfoliation. DDG A/B pads, a retinol serum, chemical exfoliating cleansers like AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel... will help increase cell turnover & bring them up to the surface quicker. Don't pick at them! Go to a dermatologist, or an esthetician that's certified to use a lancet. Sometimes when I feel one getting close to the surface I'll try to pick at it, or poke a hole with a sterile needle and push the seed out. This always ends badly and leaves scars. Go to an expert :smileywink: 

Mine are genetic, so it's hard for me to get rid of them completely. I did microdermabrasion for a while, but it got expensive & I'd have to keep going every few months. When I use products that are heavy in oil I get more, so I like to stick to lighter products. 

jellybean917

I have milia on my chin area, like just under my lips. The DDG A/B pads are the only thing I've tried so far that have diminished their appearance.

beautylovingirl

It sounds like your pores are congested and need to be cleaned out. You can use the glam glow that Janine suggested or also look at Murad's  Pore Clearing Duo.Murad Pore Clearing Duo.jpg

FitFan

I'm going to read up on this! Thanks for the suggestion.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I also think the Alpha/Beta Pads that SydBristow recommended would be a great maintenance product.

FitFan

(0) Hearts

I think I have this as well...milia. I never heard of it before but I feel like it's actually from exfoliating. I feel like the little beads are getting stuck in my skin. Could I be wrong? I noticed them after using St. Ive's Apricot scrub and I stopped; then I tried a Neutrogena natural scrub and I feel like they multiplied. Maybe they are just coming to the surface more but I've stopped exfoliating all together out of fear.

SydBristow

I've definitely learned not all scrubs are created equal. I use a Clinique one from time to time but have come to rely more on "chemical" scrubs. Sounds intimidating, but they are just acidic enough to allow cell turnover on your face. That's one of the ways to actually try to get rid of milia yourself.  Yes, they feel like hard little white beads under your skin. 

Some of the chemical exfoliants I use are Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta pads, MAC lightful softening lotion (a toner), and Derma E Evenly Radiant Overnight Peel (available in the natural section at Bed Bath and Beyond and based with fruit acids). 

If you clearly know what's causing them, and it sounds like you do, you can stop them from happening. they take some time and work to get rid of but it's possible.Or you can try a dermatologist for extraction. Mine were there for 3-4 months and when I set up a routine of things I knew would keep my skin clear, it took a few weeks as they got smaller then finally went away.

Good luck!

FitFan

(0) Hearts

I may look into a chemical peel but like you said, it seems intimidating. I'm just annoyed because I'm finally on my way to better skin, yet these little bumps stand in the way. 

I used glamglow and it was definitely great, just trying to find a lower cost but equally amazing product. I'll have to look into the Dr. Dennis Gross line..I think I have had those pads before in a sample and liked them, so maybe I can check them out again!

Cyll

(0) Hearts

Hey. When I get a synthetic chemical peel I get one done by my esthetician. If they intimidate you than try a natural chemical peel. It's not as strong but it's strong enough and it's actually a good idea to start a natural peel before a synthetic peel so you can work your tolerance up.

Sephora offers a couple, check them out:

1) http://www.sephora.com/fruit-enzyme-exfoliator-P257005?skuId=1430040&country_switch=ca

2) http://www.sephora.com/soft-gommage-spa-gel-P375792?skuId=1422104

SydBristow

The MAC toner is $32 and has a bit of Salicytic acid in it I believe.  And it lasts a long time.

The alpha beta pads are great though.

Keep us posted on how it goes! 

beautylovingirl

St. Ives Scrub us the worst possible thing you could use on your face.

FitFan

I literally just learned it. It was my go to product as a treat because it always made my skin feel so smooth. I'm glad I was able to see on here how bad it was.

warriorwitch

Now now, don't be hasty. I think the dollar store knock off of the St. Ive's scrub is actually the worst. O_O No seriously, its bad.

SydBristow

Are they possibly milia? I ended up with two of these after a microderm abrasion, not sure why. They lasted for months, little hard white bumps. I did a lot of google searches on them, the most suggestions are to see a dermatologist for removal, as they are in deep and are difficult to extract yourself without risking scarring/infection.

However, mine went away after I tweaked my skin care routine. They can start from blocking pores with product so I religiously cleaned my face morning and night. I used only powder foundation and used the lightest moisturizers I have sparingly. It took a few weeks but they just went away, I could tell they were getting smaller over that time too, so I knew it was working. 

Sorry, that's a lot of info, especially if it's not milia, but in case it is, hope some of this info is helpful. Google the name, too, there's lots more info out there too.

Good luck! Hope you're able to get it resolved.

bvnny

Wow thanks so much. I just googled this and saw what they look like. I think I might have a small one right next to my eye, and will be asking a dermatologist about it. You're awesome!

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

You are very welcome!  Hope your dermatologist is able to help you out!  :smileyhappy:

beautydollJuli

(0) Hearts

THANKS! I am going to look into that. Any possibility is (possible)! 

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Good luck! :smileyhappy:

janinebt

Hi beautydollJuli

Do you exfoliate around your nose area? That should help to remove some of those white heads. I really like the Glam Glow masks. That should help with those pesky bumps :smileyhappy:.

swfupload_476010346126259467.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
beautydollJuli

(0) Hearts

I will try this, thanks! I have never exfoliated around my nose, but I will sure start!  <3

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • janinebt
    • bvnny
    • FitFan
    • beautylovingirl
    • warriorwitch