ChicDabbler

Which shade of foundation do I wear?

[ Edited ]

Advice from any/everyone is appreciated. I can wear pretty much anything close if I blend, but I would really love to have an exact match of foundation. I'm kind of a foundation noob, not sure if it's the lighting when I get them or my skintone change, but anyways, here are the shades matched to me by ppl, thick stripes on bare face in different lightings:

1. MUFE ProFinish in 115 Pink Ivory

2. Maybelline BB in light/med

3. Laura Mercier TM in Nude

4. Benefit Hello Flawless in Petal

5. Benefit Hellow Money Honey.

2013-03-09 14.18.32.jpg

My face is a different undertone than my neck, so not quite sure how to match. Maybelline is juuust a hair pinker and you can see the difference with the neck, and I would like to find an appropriate foundation. Do you know of any good match for me? I also have these sample packets from different brands and I would really like to know which shades are too light, too dark and just right for me. Have you ladies tried these shades? 

- Urban Decay Naked 3.5, 4

- Hourglass Fluid Makeup Oil-free SPF15 N1.5 Nude

- Givenchy Photo'Perfexion 4 Perfect Vanilla.

- NARS TM Alaska and St. Moritz

- Amazing Cosmetic VelvetMineral Liquid Medium Beige

- Clinique Stay-matte 9 Neutral

- Clinique Moisture Surge TM shade 03

- Miracle Skin Transformer SPF20

- Stila TM medium

Thanks for the help!

keelybt

Re: Which shade of foundation do I wear?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Wow they look very different in the different lights the pictures are taken.  I don't think any of those are a great match for you. In the first picture, #1 looks the best but in the last picture it looks too light. #2 is too pink and the others are way too dark. Did you try the ProFinish in 117 or 118?

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

ProFinish 117 was a little too yellow while 115 was perfect in the Sephora store lighting, but my neck is a bit yellower, so maybe I should go back sometime and ask if they have any sampler of 117 or 118 left. Hmmm...Thanks!

triciaann12

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

triciaann12

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

@triciaann. #1 on the swatches along my jawline is MUFE 115. It actually turned darker/pinker to almost #2 couple hours after I took those photos above (*waaaahhh* I dunno anymoooore). I have actually not worn a full face of foundation out before, so maybe I should wear it out and see how it fares throughout the day instead of pictures of initial application. =.=

Agree about the too light thing, especially considering the fact I have 3 bronzers, and my face is slowly shedding the tan to match my body (it used to be 1-2 shade darker than it is now). I think at this point the best bet is to take my Maybelline to a big sephora store somewhere before I finish it, and asking for an exact shade but a tad yellower. 

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Hmm, sounds like I usually wear foundation a tad too dark, maybe I should go check out Naked 2-3 at some point. Would NARS Alaska be ok for me? Maybe I should mix Alaska and St.Moritz together?

EliVIB123

To me it almost looks like the Maybelline BB (product #2) fits your skintone very nicely but it could just be the pictures :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thanks! It's nice having a 2nd opinion. It goes on light, the matches my face (pink undertoned) better than my neck (yellow toned). It's a hair pinker than I'd like, but I'm not sure what foundation that would translate to......hmmm -.-;

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • triciaann12
    • ChicDabbler
    • EliVIB123
Photos1
  • 2013-03-09 14.18.32.jpg