litchicoco

Which self tanner for veryyyy fair skin? (i'm a redhead)

Which self tanner for veryyyy fair skin?

I'm a redhead no freckles i don't tan i burn lol

i'm new to self tanning and i don't want to end up like pumpkin :smileyhappy:

triciaann12

Re: Which self tanner for veryyyy fair skin? (i'm a redhead)

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

melissabt

Hi Triciaann12,

We have the Josie Maran Bronzing Argan Moisturizer. The packaging is slightly different and I believe it was reformulated.

josie argan.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/bronzing-argan-moisturizer-P306925?skuId=1406073

<3 Melissa
triciaann12

[ Edited ]

---

melissabt

Hi Triciaann12,

I checked the ingredients and they seem slightly different. The new version is also a gradual self tanner and it contains a slight shimmer. We were given limited information about the product change and I suggest reaching out to the brand directly for more information:smileyhappy: Thank you!

<3 Melissa
melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi litchicoco,

A lot of my fair skin friends swear by the Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel.  Its very gradual and looks natural. The gel goes on somewhat clear and dries quickly. clarins self.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/self-tanning-instant-gel-P53162?skuId=75663

<3 Melissa
beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I agree Diana gradual tan is best for a light complected person, that's exactly the way the Moracan tan is:smileyhappy:

dianabt

Hi Litchicoco, 

Lylysa recommended some of my favorites! The best option for you IS to go with a gradual tan so you have a bit more control over the coloring and how dark you get.

Make sure to exfoliate first so the color goes on evenly and you can apply moisturizers to keep the skin hydrated and the color lasting. I even like a tanning mist like the Sephora collection mist which is easy to apply and can be rubbed in lightly for a subtle bronze glow. :smileyhappy:

swfupload_788828806571656403.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I love Xen Tan's Moracan Tan. It dries instantly and adjust to your own body chemistry. If you want to check it out you can look at xentan.com, nordstrom.com or neimanmarcus.com  Hope this helps!

lylysa

For very fair skin, your best friend and key word to look for will be "gradual" to give you an even build up of color and allow you the most control over how deep you want the finish color pay off to be.

Some of my favorites include Lorac's Self TANtalizer Body Bronzing Gradual Tanner & Mitt (they also make a formula specifically for the face if needed):

swfupload_7022634985654500357.jpg

St. Tropez Tanning Essentials Everyday Gradual Tan for Body in Light/Medium:

swfupload_2764910902384163670.jpg

Charlotte Ronson Summer Always Scented Gradual Tan Body Lotion:

swfupload_8512815663900438305.jpg

Be sure to exfoliate first before applying product and once your skin is freshly exfoliated, moisturize and let that sink in for 10-15 minutes so your newly revealed skin is hydrated and nourished and won't form a barrier between you and the self tanner.

Try to do a test batch on your ankle or inner arm first if you're leery of the color result, you can always Google swatches and results from tons of beauty bloggers and see if you can find one with a similar complexion. You can even mix a drop of regular body lotion to also thin down the formula as well.

litchicoco

thank you so much :smileyhappy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

No prob! Out of the three, I favor Lorac and St. Tropez more. St. Tropez is known widely for it's wonderful tanning products and the Lorac one is a surprisingly effective for coming from a company based in cosmetics rather than body products. Plus it smells pretty yummy! They have a mini/trial sized version of the Lorac one too if you want to give it a try before committing to a full sized bottle.

http://www.sephora.com/selftantalizer-body-bronzing-gradual-self-tanner-P375001?skuId=1432509

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • lylysa
    • triciaann12
    • beautylovingirl
    • litchicoco