dproulx

Which face oil to use?

(0) Hearts

Hello ladies!

I keep hearing all these wonderful things about the essential face oils and am really interested in trying one. However, there are multiple options and a really large price range so I need help narrowing down the field! I'm in my late 20s with dry skin (especially in the winter) and mild acne that's more stress related. I also wash my hands a lot during my job so something that works with chapped hands and cuticles would be a huge plus. I'm interested in some of the preventitive aging products but don't have wrinkles or major sun damage yet. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

Dianna

brookiechook

Re: Which face oil to use?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

if you need to purchase essential oils or other body oils i use a site called mountain rose herbs dotcom for bulk oils. Based in Oregon & very high quality. Alot cheaper too!

lylysa

Hey there, Brookie!

As a reminder on the forums, Beauty Talk doesn't allow for the posting of outside links for other products, websites, blogs, or personal pages. Though Sephora allows for the mentioning of products, direct links are frowned upon. If you absolutely have to send a link to a page outside of Sephora, please do so with a personal message to a user.

:smileyhappy:

lreagan

(0) Hearts

I third the argan oil suggestion! Not only is it a great moisturizer, but I've discovered it's the only thing that works on my acne! I have oily skin so I can only use it at night but it's seriously a miracle product.

I would highly recommend searching for organic argan oil on Amazon because you can get it for 1/3 the price of Josie Moran's argan oil. The only thing you're getting from paying that much for hers is the brand name. Her 1.7oz bottle sells for $48 and I just bought a 2oz bottle on Amazon for $18. Sephora doesn't let you link to external sites but the one I got is called "Certified Organic 100% Pure Argan Oil 2oz". Both the JM and that one are certified by Ecocert and the proceeds go to women's cooperative groups in Morocco.

JillMConnell

(0) Hearts

I second beautytester!  I use a variety of facial oils as moisturizers and the Argan Oil was my first love.  If you are in the market for one, Josie Maran make a really nice argan oil daily moisturizer with SPF.

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Try Argan oil. I'm skipping the cleansing oil and serum oil. Of the oils used as moisturizer. Argan Oil is thicker than the other oils, and since you have dry skin, this is what I would recommend: http://www.sephora.com/argan-oil-P218700?skuId=1121797

ps. If you would like to know how it compares, http://community.sephora.com/t5/All-Other-Concerns/Facial-oil-comparison-break-down-moisturizer-kind...

dproulx

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for the break down! It answers a lot of my questions. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • lreagan
    • JillMConnell
    • dproulx
    • brookiechook