Answer
eyeshadowaddict
When do I put on a luminizer?

I have samples of Nars Illuminator in Orgasm and Smasbox Artificial Light in Halo.  I also got a full size High Beam with a Benefit kit I ordered.  I know I can mix one of them with my tinted moisturizer, but I am currently using Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer if I use anything, and it seems like overkill.  What I normally do for my face is an SPF 15 moisturizer (DDF Oil Free Moisturizing Dew, which was discontinued with the SPF, so if you have a replacement suggestion, that would be so super!), undereye concealer, Nars blush in Deep Throat, and then Benefit Hello Flawless (never settle petal).  It seems like the powder would hide the luminizer if I put it on before, but I am afraid to put it on after the powder and have the powder clump up or turn pasty.  SInce I hardly every use my tinted moisturizer (and it's already illuminating), could you please help me with some tips for using a luminizer with powder?

Thank you so much!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
keelybt
Answered

Hi Eyeshadowaddict.  With the powder you are using definitely apply the highlighter on top.  When applying start with a small amount of the highlighter and gently pat it in the area you wish to apply it.  If you rub it can remove some of the powder you have already applied.  I find it easier to work with a foundation brush for this type of application.  If you don't already own a foundation brush, try Sephora Collection Pro Foundation Brush #47.  

Pro Foundation Brush #47

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 2 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • eyeshadowaddict