Answer
rinner
What's the best way to keep my under eye concealer from disappearing after a few hours?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
projose
Answered

Hola rinner,

This has to be the million dollar question of the day.  When we do makeup for the red carpet or for a celebrity and the makeup has look great for camera and in real life, not to mention last for hours, we do the following:

Build your coverage like a topographical map -

1-start with a sheer foundation (tinted moisturizer, face & body liquid) all over the face including under the eyes to help balance the tone of your skin.  This is your first line of defense against any unevenness on the face and more importantly acts as a hydrating base so that the products you apply over top don't get absorb and disappear.

2-layer a medium coverage liquid or cream foundation from the center of the face and blend outward (including under the eyes).  The perimeter of the face should have little to none of this product applied to it and rather just the residual from the blending.

3-apply and blend concealer or a full coverage foundation under the eyes (and around the nose blending slightly towards the cheek area ONLY if needed)

4-Set the area where the concealer or full coverage foundation was applied with a non-talc based HD powder (Make Up For Ever, Tarte, Too Faced, Smashbox all have one)

5-Set the remaining areas with the same powder or a Foundation Powder for a bit more evening or coverage

or the quick every day version of that would be to use a primer...

Product suggestions:  Benefit Stay Don't Stray or Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer (Beauty to Go size is perfect)

dianabt
Answered

Hi Rinner! I like to use a light setting powder such as the Makeup Forever HD Microfinish powder to set my concealer (as well as the rest of my makeup).

MUFE HDPOWDER.jpg

You might even want to try switching to a long lasting waterproof concealer like the Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer

KVD tat concealer.jpg

Try using a Concealer Base before applying your concealer. The Benefit Stay Don't Stray is a great product to use for that.

Just apply a few dabs under your eyes and tap lightly with your ring finger. After, apply your concealer as you normally would. A concealer brush is definitely more hygienic but sometimes warming the product with your fingertips can make it glide on more smoothly.

Benefit StaydontStray.jpg

I hope this helps you :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 10 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • rinner
    • dianabt
    • projose
Photos3
  • MUFE HDPOWDER.jpg