Niyati

What's a good peel/pad to try at home for acne prone-combination-sensitive skin?

I just started using the First Aid Beauty Radiance pads and I can't tell if I like them or not. They don't seem to be doing very much for my skin but it's only been 4 days since I started using them. On the second day of using them though, I broke out in two places (huge painful - scarring pimples) but I don't know if they caused the breakout.

I suffer from adult cystic acne which comes and goes. I use tretinoin cream every night. I have super sensitive and combination skin - the t zone is ALWAYS oily and the rest of the face is flaking off if I don't moisturize it 3 times a day!

Either way, I was thinking of trying the Origins Brighter by Nature Peel pads but I'm a little confused. Maybe there's a peel better suited to my skin and condition type? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated! :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

Re: What's a good peel/pad to try at home for acne prone-combination-sensitive skin?

I would suggest you look at Dr. Perricone's Blue plasma peel it's very gentle yet effective and can be worked into any skin care routine. Hope this helps!

Niyati

Re: What's a good peel/pad to try at home for acne prone-combination-sensitive skin?

Thanks a lot beautylovingirsl! It most certainly does! :smileyhappy: 

jennypenny1995

Without hesitation, I say you've GOT to use Murad's Pomegranate Mask.  I've been using it twice weekly since late Winter, and my cystic acne is gone.  I have not had a blemish in 4 months now.  Seriously.

It's extremely gentle, doesn't burn or sting, and it has no scrubbing granules int it.  So, your existing blemishes will be soothed by it and not aggravated.  It hydrates really well, and your skin will feel super smooth and soft immediately afterwards.  One packet gives me 5-6 applications, so a box lasts a long, long time.

Niyati

(0) Hearts

Oh wow... Sounds awesome! :smileyhappy: I'll HAVE to try this out! Thanks so much for sharing jennypenny1995! <3

How long did it take for you to see results??

jennypenny1995

Immediately.  My skin was instantly smoother, softer, and felt more hydrated.  Amazing stuff!

arielaaaaaaaa

I agree. I like the Murad Pomegranate Mask. I find it too be a gentle way to exfoliate. And it's hydrating so i don't have to add another mask to help put moisture back like i do after using my other exfoliators. Very good price as well!!

prosopon

Thanks jennypenny1995!  I have been looking at that mask for a while now.  It sounds good and it is great to hear such wonderful reviews.  

I am going to try them out when they come back in stock.

Manda

As humanesque said, you really need to watch facial peels around very sensitive skin.  Even on the packaging, many of them say: Not Recommended for Very Sensitive Skin.

The one face peel that I have found that works well for sensitive skin is Blue Plasma.  It is the only one that I have used which is gentle enough for my face and has actually helped out my face.  The others made my face worse and very irritated.

Niyati

(0) Hearts

That's a really good point Manda! I appreciate the help :-)

Manda

No problem.  Trust me, I've tried the other chemical peels and it made my skin worse.  It is beginning to heal up a bit though slowly.

Niyati

(0) Hearts

I'm glad you're getting better Manda! <3

Manda

(0) Hearts

I use the Blue Plasma and take the Murad Supplements, which also seem to be helping out my skin.  Acne has cleared up drastically.

humanesque

Hi! I found that the First Aid pads made my oily skin redder and caused breakouts. I used it for a long time and was amazed at how much better my skin got after I stopped, actually. My dermatologist said I was doing too much to my skin, causing sensitivity and more oiliness. Tretinoin plus First Aid pads are definitely too much. I only use Clarins Camomille Toner and moisturizer and minocycline (antibiotic) now, and it's cleared up my adult cystic acne well. Hope this helps...haven't tried Origins, sorry. But perhaps less would be more for you? I found out the hard way!

prosopon

I would agree with humanesque.  I went to my dermatologist about a year ago about redness on my face.  She also said that I was doing to much stuff to my face and to cut back to some simple basics.  I too have sensitive combination skin with some adult acne and cutting back really helped.

Niyati

(0) Hearts

Thanks for your experience Humanesque! 

laurabt

Hi Niyati,
I would suggest sticking with the FAB Radiance Pads awhile longer since it usually takes about 8 weeks to see results from any new product.  I'm guessing that the pads aren't the cause of your recent breakouts, since you seem to get them from time to time anyway.  It's not a peel, but take a look at Dr. Dennis Gross Correct & Perfect Spot Treatment.  It's a non-drying and fast-acting sulfur acne treatment that treats inflamed cystic acne blemishes right away, without over-drying skin. :smileyhappy: -Laura

Dr. Gross Correct & Perfect Spot Treatment.jpg

Niyati

(0) Hearts

Thank you Laura! :-)

So should I skip the Origins Brighter by Nature Peel pads for now?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • prosopon
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • Manda
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • Niyati