abram

What is the difference between BB cream and cc cream? is there one brand far superior to others?

(0) Hearts

TrysBeautyItems

Re: What is the difference between BB cream and cc cream? is there one brand far superior to others?

(0) Hearts
carrie1975

Re: What is the difference between BB cream and cc cream? is there one brand far superior to others?

(0) Hearts

I had a hard time finding a bb that was light enough for my pale skin. I tried the Dr. Jart kit and I love all of them. The best thing is that they are for very fair skin and work very well. I found the travel size at a Sephora inside JC Penney for $5 a tube! My favorite it's the goldish colored tube. They offer a great amount of coverage.

neko333

(0) Hearts

The American BB/CC creams are mostly renamed tinted moisturizers. Some are decent though. Asian BB's are much better, they are more like the medium between tinted moisturizer and foundation. 

txmommyofboys

(0) Hearts

I like the Tarte BB cream & Stila CC cream. :smileyhappy:

kittichick

(0) Hearts

They're both supposed to have a variety of skin care built in, like moisturizer primer, antioxidants, etc. But I hear a lot of people say that the American BBs aren't much more than tinted moisturizer (as opposed to the original Asian ones.)

BBs don't specifically state that they're color correcting, but some of them provide more coverage than others. The Smashbox BB provides about as much coverage as a foundation.

bfuller

(0) Hearts

BB cream stands for Beauty Balm cream and is a bit sheer - similar to a tinted moisturizer but with a makeup with moisturizer built in.

CC cream stands for Complexion Correction cream.  It offers a color corrector built into the makeup to hide light imperfections like freckles and such.

I have some discoloration due to sun damage and it does help with making the makeup look even.  It does not cover the sun spots, however.

Both are fairly lightweight feeling.

Personally, I use Smashbox.  I've yet to try a different brand because Smashbox has worked out for me so far.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • neko333
    • carrie1975
    • kittichick
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • txmommyofboys
    • bfuller