tinydancer352

What is the best way to wash and store a double ended makeup brush?

What is the best way to wash and store a double ended makeup brush? I have allot of double ended makeup brushes and cant think of a way to wash them with out one side standing straight up, then the left over water gets to the glue holding the brush together. 

roxystar4

Re: What is the best way to wash and store a double ended makeup brush?

(0) Hearts

walmart sells these cool brush guards. Helps with travel too and they are really inexpensive. I wash and dry upside down. http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemID=113264

For double sided brushes, I would just lay it flat in an area that isn't moist (the bathroom). Maybe a bedroom or something?

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi tinydancer352, 

I love the  tips that prettyinpa gave you! I like to wash each end separately and lay them flat to dry. I keep them stored in a train case or pencil case too so the bristles dont get smashed or flat on either end. :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
tinydancer352

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much! 

prettyinpa

[ Edited ]

I clean my double ended brushes by using spray on brush cleaner after each use of liquid items like foundation, then wiping the bristles with a clean tissue. Place brush flat on a towel and let dry.

For a deep cleaning, I swirl each end of the brush in a mild baby shampoo and warm water mixture, then wipe bristles with tissue and dry flat on towel. Or you can use prepared liquid brush cleaner, whatever you prefer, I just use baby shampoo because it does a good job and is inexpensive. My brushes last for years and years if kept clean and the bristles haven't fallen out yet from using the above system.

You can store your double ended brushes flat, I keep mine in a silverware organizer that I got at Target.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • dianabt
    • roxystar4
    • tinydancer352