TreyGrady

What is the best way to get yellow out of a naturally grey headed persons hair?

miabt

Re: What is the best way to get yellow out of a naturally grey headed persons hair?

(0) Hearts

Hi TeryGrady,

Everyone has great suggestions!  Anything with a purple base will help remove the brassiness from your hair.  Although it says "for blondes", the Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Brightening Blonde Shampoo should work great :smileyhappy:

http://www.sephora.com/caviar-anti-aging-brightening-blonde-shampoo-P374563?skuId=1415827 

xo, Mia

desertbr4t

Re: What is the best way to get yellow out of a naturally grey headed persons hair?

does sephora carry this anymore

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

Aveda Blue Malva shampoo helps with this.  I use it for removing the brassiness from light blonde hair, but it says it's good for silver too.

nikki

(0) Hearts

upload_96460079077753064.jpg

It also helps remove brassy tones from hair too. 

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

I dye my hair lavender - which has a lot of the same tint problems as gray hair. I really don't like the smell of Clairol Shimmer Lights but it works. The Sally Beauty Supply Generic line also makes a tinted purple shampoo and conditioner and it works pretty well (but smells terribly, cheaply floral.) John Frieda's Everlasting Blonde doesn't seem to actually have any tinting properties and is more geared to colored blonde hair, as far as I can tell. Goldwell makes a purple conditioner that I'm currently using with similar results to Shimmer Lights without the same terrible smell - as a bonus it can be picked up in liter sizes at Ulta.

MsStacey1990

(0) Hearts

Lol so true! shimmerlights does have a weird smell! but it helps keep my blonde pretty! and john freida i like it :smileyvery-happy: smells good and leaves my hair soft. i just have the bottom part of my hair blonde! top part looks black but its a deep burgundy! looks reddish when im outside :smileyhappy:

MsStacey1990

I use shimmer lights and john freida everlasting blonde shampoo and conditioner :smileyvery-happy: leaves the hair nice and blonde .. its amazing stuff! you can purchase it at sallys beauty store :smileyhappy:

pinkonyx

Shimmer lights by clairothe sells for 9 dollars at Sally's beauty supply. 

gingerblack

Like other people have said, purple shampoo should work well for you.  I use schwarzkopf, but any one from a salon should do the trick. It has in my experience at least. 

DiVWA

Also be sure to use SPF on your hair when going outside....apparently the sun helps bring out the yellowness.

rdesigns

Shimmer Lights and Shiny Silver shampoos have worked very well for me to get yellow tones out of my hair. Just be careful not to leave them on too long because your hair can grab the purple color (I have ended up with purple hair on more than one occasion lol). I have also tried the various purple shampoos from Paul Mitchell, including the sulfate-free, and none of them worked as well for me as Shimmer or Shiny. HTH 

DandyLionFluff

Go to Sally's beauty.  Clairol has a shampoo it's purple (bottle, and actual shampoo). It has lights in the name (Can't remember the whole name). Sally's carries it, and they will know what you are talking about.

pinkonyx

Shimmer Lightss da bomb 

SallieSunshine

Is it Shimmer Lights, or something like that? My mom has used it forever and loves it. She went grey in her 20s and has beautiful, silver hair. (Unlike my own coarse, wild greys.)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • nikki
    • ladymeag
    • miabt
    • gingerblack
    • rdesigns
    • desertbr4t