convoluted

What is the best self tanner? Is St. Tropez recommended?

convoluted

Re: What is the best self tanner? Is St. Tropez recommended?

(0) Hearts

Thanksall - I really appreciate your comments.

melissabt

Hi Convoluted,

My favorite self tanner is the same one that Laura recommended! I LOVE the color, it has 0 orange tons and goes on very smoothly. I never get any streaky color using it.

<3 Melissa
laurabt

(0) Hearts

Yes! My favorite is the St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse!  I think the mousse goes on really smooth, and dries faster than the lotion. And like everyone else mentioned, definitely get the mitt! :smileyhappy: -Laura

St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse.jpgTan Applicator Mitt.jpg

ABCMD

(0) Hearts

SUN by Sun Labortories

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

It depends on what you want -- I wanted something that dries quick (less mess), gives a lot of color, and goes on evenly.

I've used the Vita Liberata Mousse - which I quite like, goes on nice, get some immediate color and some over time.  Nice rosy-tan shade, mousse covers evenly and DRIES QUICKLY.  Less rub off on my clothes, couch, etc.

I also tried the creamy lotion from Xen-Tan (not sold by Sephora).  It's avertised as being a "more olive undertone & delicious scent."  I found both to be true!  And it was great on my legs bc it was definitely moisturizing enough - one step.

Xen Tan (at least the Deep Bronze Luxe that I used) really did have an OLIVE undertone.  Almost a neutral-to-green/olive color underlying the bronze, which for me avoided the ORANGE look.  It was pretty perfect colorwise, and I did prefer it to the Liberata in terms of color.  However, it was very moist and creamy, harder to apply evenly for me, and took forever to dry (and rubbed off some on my clothes).  So I only used it say on bare legs when wearing shorts on a hot summer day going to the beach or something, when I wasn't too concerned about color transfer.

PoesRevy

(0) Hearts

I like the Vita Liberata pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tan Mousse.

Using a mitt with the product, I have gotten a natural looking tan color.

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

No matter what one you use, I totally second using a mitt!  More even and less messy application.

Before Mitts came out this year (at least, I found them this year), I used to use rubber gloves.

A mitt works better and they are about $6-7, and re-useable for at least a whole summer (mine will last several years it looks like).  Totally worth it. 

Don't wash the mitt in warm water though, they are 'delicate' and mine like wrinkled up/shrunk when washing in hot water under the tap.

ragdoll4mom

(0) Hearts

A lot of people say St. Tropez is the best ever, but it sure didn't work for me.  St. Tropez looks like smeared greenish colored mud on me even though I followed the application process to a T. I prefer Tarte's self tanner.  It doesn't streak, has a nice natural tan color, and doesn't wreak.  If you're leaning towards the St. Tropez, I suggest you get a sample and try it in an inconspicuous place before buying it.

LCResz

(0) Hearts

I love Lancome Flash Bronzer, it doesn't leave a weird smell and goes on smoothly.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • ragdoll4mom
    • LCResz
    • laurabt
    • Nicrohr
    • PoesRevy